• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Witcher 3 Benchmarks

Soldato
Nice to see it performs well (or at least similarly) for both teams. Interesting to see the cards with older architectures struggling a bit though, with the 780 and 280X below the 960 and 285.

Soldato
Anyone who is concerned with not getting the FPS they need on ultra settings should watch this video. The particularly interesting section is towards the end where they show the differences between low/med/ultra, as you can see, there is little difference between medium and higher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mJaYQhaYc

They could have gone for the crysis 1 approach of releasing something that nobody could max out, and then let hardware catch up, instead they turned the top levels down so that they are playable now, but aren't really any better than medium... shame really.

Associate
Looks like I need to upgrade from my 780Ti :(

Looking at those benches, it's impossible not to come to the conclusion that, like Project Cars, NVIDIA have purposely gimped performance on the Titan, 780 and 780ti to drive people to Maxwell. It's not as much of a joke as Project Cars, but it's still a joke.

Not only do they engage in anti-competitive practice against the competition, but they treat their own customers with absolute contempt.

Caporegime
Looking at those benches, it's impossible not to come to the conclusion that, like Project Cars, NVIDIA have purposely gimped performance on the Titan, 780 and 780ti to drive people to Maxwell. It's not as much of a joke as Project Cars, but it's still a joke.

Not only do they engage in anti-competitive practice against the competition, but they treat their own customers with absolute contempt.

Or....the game genuinely makes use of the increased tessellation and that's also why the 280x performs worse than the 285....

Associate
Man, I know its early stages but, I hope there is a LOT more optimization coming for this.

A £900 card is only just above 60 fps at 1080p....lol....:confused:

Caporegime
I haven't looked that closely yet, but the difference between low and ultra looks much less than I was expecting.

The biggest difference I noticed was comparisons in quality for the water and brick work. Some of the changes between low and medium appeared to be the most noticeable, where as going above that generally didn't give that much improvement at all. I can see sweetfx being used pretty promptly for that drab, washed out looking foliage. :D

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
Hopefully one of the many bench sites will do some lowest setting runs, just to see what this game can be run on.
Basically my son wants to play it with his i3 and NVidia 750ti and seeing on those benchmarks a 570 is getting 14fps avg on max details, I reckon he might be in with a shout, on low, which as we have now seen graphically doesn't actually seem to make that much difference.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
So just for 1080P you really need a Titan X to max everything, that's crazy. Imagine if there hadn't been a downgrade :p

Maybe I won't be able to hang onto this card as long as I thought if it's already borderline at 1080P..

It's horribly optimized. In 2013 when the demo footage was shown it was running on a modest card and that was before the downgrade. What happened is they ported a console game to pc.

Soldato
Regarding the Titan X, I do remember reading a while ago somewhere (dont quote me on that :D), how games in development but coming out in the future will need Titan X level of performance as a base line. (I.e 1080p)

Back
Top Bottom