What film did you watch last night?

Suspended
Lilya 4-Ever - 9/10

402629_original.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300140/

Sixteen-year-old Lilja and her only friend, the young boy Volodja, live in Estonia, fantasizing about a better life. One day, Lilja falls in love with Andrej, who is going to Sweden, and invites Lilja to come along and start a new life.

The story is loosely based on the true case of Danguolė Rasalaitė,and examines the issue of human trafficking and sexual slavery. Danguolė Rasalaitė (19 May 1983 – 10 January 2000) was a Lithuanian girl who was sold as a sex-slave in Sweden late 1999. On 7 January 2000, she committed suicide by jumping off a bridge in Malmö, she died 3 days later in the hospital

Very gritty and depressing, A very good movie which depicts the truth for some people living in poverty stricken parts of the world.

A must watch imo.

Soldato
Don't listen to Easyrider (not sure if many do ;) Sorry Easy :p)

Mad Max : Fury Road : 9/10

Omg, exactly what Raymond Lin says, just an amazing action movie from start to finish. Completely over the top, completely cheesy in parts and completely brilliant.

I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan but I must say I thought his portrayal of Max was quite weak tbh, but it didn't matter.

Thoroughly entertaining.

Last edited:
Associate
Kingsman 8/10

It was very enjoyable indeed, ridiculous, cheesy, over the top and well acted all at the same time....ill definitely watch it again.

Macfarland USA 4/10

I usually like sport/biographical type films, but this one was just plain boring and uninteresting.

Caporegime
Don't listen to Easyrider (not sure if many do ;) Sorry Easy :p)

Mad Max : Fury Road : 9/10

Omg, exactly what Raymond Lin says, just an amazing action movie from start to finish. Completely over the top, completely cheesy in parts and completely brilliant.

I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan but I must say I thought his portrayal of Max was quite weak tbh, but it didn't matter.

Thoroughly entertaining.

You are agreeing with me about Max?

I'm not saying the action sequences were not outstanding...I'm saying the move was DULL in places and lacked any character connections...

Audience response comes from caring about the characters...
I felt nothing when the bald guy blew up the truck at the end.:p

Plus the Citadel King looked like a Fat Jimmy Saville :p

Last edited:
Soldato
You are agreeing with me about Max?

I'm not saying the action sequences were not outstanding...I'm saying the move was DULL in places and lacked any character connections...

Audience response comes from caring about the characters...
I felt nothing when the bald guy blew up the truck at the end.:p

I appreciate from a critical deconstruction and technical POV the movie had flaws, but it's such a shame you sat there and analysed it in such a critical way, though understandable given your profession, but in that way imo you lost out on what is just an amazingly entertaining spectacle :)

And I know full well about the importance of audience connection with the depth of characters, but not every film has to follow 'the script' to be good from a consumer and not a critic pov ;)

Soldato
Saw mad Max last night, didn't go in with high hopes - it was beautifully done but so dull.

First film in a very long time I wanted to walk out on and I really do watch some trash

Caporegime
I appreciate from a critical deconstruction and technical POV the movie had flaws, but it's such a shame you sat there and analysed it in such a critical way, though understandable given your profession, but in that way imo you lost out on what is just an amazingly entertaining spectacle :)

And I know full well about the importance of audience connection with the depth of characters, but not every film has to follow 'the script' to be good from a consumer and not a critic pov ;)

There needs to be more than just amazing action sequences... The Matrix is a perfect example ...we care about Neo and Trinity.

When Fat Saville said " we must get back to the citadel...As we have left it undefended..."

Its pointless exposition like this that can so easily be avoided..

Last edited:
Caporegime
The matrix spent about 8/10th of the movie on talking, explaining the universe it's in and 2/10 are action.

Fury road is complete reversal. I like the fact that they didn't explain everything, and you are not meant to like mad max like you do with Neo, he is the anti hero, he is more a vigilanti than Batman. Sure his character could be fleshed out a bit but I presume people who watches this already know the backstory so not to waste time telling you again. There are lots of untold in the movie that I think is unnecessary to waste time telling.

I mean if you were restless in the slow parts....not sure how it spend more time with character development will help the cause.

Caporegime
The matrix spent about 8/10th of the movie on talking, explaining the universe it's in and 2/10 are action.

Fury road is complete reversal. I like the fact that they didn't explain everything, and you are not meant to like mad max like you do with Neo, he is the anti hero, he is more a vigilanti than Batman. Sure his character could be fleshed out a bit but I presume people who watches this already know the backstory so not to waste time telling you again. There are lots of untold in the movie that I think is unnecessary to waste time telling.

Like is totally different to connect...Anti Hero or not mate.. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
A million ways to die in the west.

A bit long, but enjoyed the humour. Always been a fan of McFarlane and Ribisi. Nicely shot (pardon the pun) as well.

A couple of the cameo touches were awesome. Although it's now left me nervous to go to the fair. :D 7/10

Best cameos were Doc Brown and Django.

Back
Top Bottom