*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Associate
Another question: is there a way to quickly remove all open apps? I can open up tabs to show all open with the square button but have to close them all one by one.

These aren't open apps apparently, Android works better/faster when these are stored in memory. You use more power when starting the apps from scratch.

http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...ckground-apps-at-once-in-android-5-0-lollipop

FWIW - I do feel that battery life is degraded when I have lots of these open on my M8!

Soldato
Another question: is there a way to quickly remove all open apps? I can open up tabs to show all open with the square button but have to close them all one by one.

Yes there is - if you open up the "Recent Apps" there should be three vertical dots at the top right - select "Settings" and change the Layout from "Card View" to "Grid View" - in case you don't get the 3 dots (I didn't when I first wanted this option) then all you have to do is turn the handset to "landscape" and try again and they should be there!

Single click of the cross in a circle at the top right stops them!

Associate
Yes there is - if you open up the "Recent Apps" there should be three vertical dots at the top right - select "Settings" and change the Layout from "Card View" to "Grid View" - in case you don't get the 3 dots (I didn't when I first wanted this option) then all you have to do is turn the handset to "landscape" and try again and they should be there!

Single click of the cross in a circle at the top right stops them!

Genius - been looking for this for ages!

Associate
My battery life seems to have taken a nosedive in recent weeks. I used to finish the day with about 20-30% easily, now it often gets to the teens.

I'm interested in seeing how much difference an update would make. I'm on an old version of Viper ROM; I really can't be bothered backing up all my apps and then reinstalling though.

Soldato
Bit of an odd one here - when I get an e-mail to my Gmail account it pings and appears in my notification bar at the top - when I click to read the e-mail I'm getting another ping (for the same e-mail) and the "M" notification pops up again in my notification bar.

Not a huge issue I'll grant you but still very annoying that despite having read the e-mail, I'm forced to either view it a second time or at the very least swipe down and clear the notifications bar to get rid of it!

Has anyone had a similar issue and know of a fix??

Soldato
I wonder if you've somehow set up gmail in the mail app as well as it still coming through in the gmail app?

I thought it might be that but it's the Gmail "M" logo both times!

Besides, I've looked in the stock mail app and the only account I have it set up for is my work e-mail and either way, notifications are disabled!

It's actually my Hotmail e-mails that I receive through the Gmail app rather than my Gmail e-mails!

Very strange indeed! :confused:

Associate
I have an unlocked M8 currently running a very old version of Viper ROM (based on 4.4.3; I've just been too lazy to update to the Lollipop version). I want to go from my current custom ROM to the official stock HTC/Sense Lollipop software, and then from there I'll flash the latest Viper ROM.

My question is where do I find the latest stock HTC Lollipop software? I tried to update via the HTC Sync Manager, but I just got an error about incorrect device/model.

Soldato
I made the mistake of installing some "HTC Download manager" update which popped up on my phone last week.... if you get it I would advise avoiding it. Killing the battery on my phone right now. 100% charge on Sun 10pm, then when getting up around 5:30 it was down at ~30%.

Seems to be "Media Storage" basically restarting and keeping the phone "awake" while screen off or on. Probably gonne have to factory reset from bootloader or something i think. At least that's what the "HTC Customer service rep" said during a chat session earlier :(

Soldato
I have an unlocked M8 currently running a very old version of Viper ROM (based on 4.4.3; I've just been too lazy to update to the Lollipop version). I want to go from my current custom ROM to the official stock HTC/Sense Lollipop software, and then from there I'll flash the latest Viper ROM.

My question is where do I find the latest stock HTC Lollipop software? I tried to update via the HTC Sync Manager, but I just got an error about incorrect device/model.

Wouldn't it be easier to just go straight to the latest version of viper?

Soldato
My battery life isn't what it used to be. Tried clearing the cache and running the battery right down but it's still not as good as when I first had it. I know it's something that affects all phones but having low signal on my m8 really seems to chew through the battery. Hopefully the next update will improve it. It seems to be a tiring cycle now, buy a new device then have the battery and performance slowly broken with firmware updates leaving you desperate to upgrade at the end of the contract

Soldato
Can somebody help me out? I thought I'd root my EE phone (keeping the stock ROM), which I've done by flashing the TWRP recovery on. Then I realised that I could no longer get OTA updates and want to go back to unrooted (or at least be able to just keep my root access but also get regular software updates). I have googled a lot, but I'm still not 100% sure what I need to do. All I know is that I'm on CID ORANG001, but the version-main is blank so I'm a bit stuck.

Help!

Soldato
My battery seems a bit better recently but I noticed loads of apps have updated over the past week so maybe it was down to one of those.

I see also that 5.1. isn't coming to the M8 now, they are skipping straight to M

Soldato
Windows 10 doesn't seem to be show my M8 files when I plug it into USB. Had a quick google but all I find is people talking about the Windows version on the M8 and if it will get a windows 10 update

Associate
Windows 10 doesn't seem to be show my M8 files when I plug it into USB. Had a quick google but all I find is people talking about the Windows version on the M8 and if it will get a windows 10 update
Do you have a pin code set on your phone by any chance? I had a similar issue on windows 10 with my nexus 5, I would plug it in but it would only show the name of my phone, not the files. Once I entered my pin on the phone whilst it was plugged in, the files then appeared in Windows.

Back
Top Bottom