DXRacer Maximum Series Gaming Chair End User Review

Associate
I have a DX Racer chair and its very comfy with great build quality. I do hate the term "gaming chair" though, lol. Its just a bloody chair!

Associate
Think I'm going to get one. I'm not a fan of the looks. But they do look comfy. And I can't see much else in this price bracket. I'll probably make a custom cover for mine to deal with the looks.

Soldato
How are you getting on, Goose?

Got the thing apart yet?

Sorry for not replying sooner, kinda forgot this thread :)

I managed to get the gas the cylinder out of the base using a rubber mallet to knock the base free from the cylinder. Getting it out of the seat mechanism was another story though and I ended up taking it in to my local office furniture shop who took it out for me using a workbench vice thing and giant pipe wrench. It then cost me £40 to get it sent back to OCUK :(

Associate
Ordered one of these today, the same as the OP. Sadly I ordered at 2pm and they are now £25 cheaper in the weekly specials :(

Update: I emailed OcUK support regarding the price drop and 10 minutes later they refunded the £25 difference - cant ask for fairer than that!!

Last edited:
Associate
How do these compare to a high end office chair, like a Herman Miller Aeron or an Embody?

I know the Herman Miller chairs are a good bit more expsensive, but we have Herman Miller Aeron's at work and they are genuinely good, very expsenive but actually probably worth it as I never feel sore after sitting in them.

Associate
From opinions I have seen here and elsewhere, they're not even in the same ballpark as those high end chairs.

They do cost a fair bit more though like you say.

Associate
Quick question to those who have theirs.

I got mine this morning but mine doesn't seem to have an aperture that the lumbar cushion strap goes behind according to the instructions.

You can see what I mean in this video.

https://youtu.be/Z8BZIVRt1Qs

It's supposed to slide behind the back of the chair.

Does yours have this?

Don
I received mine this morning too, and no mine doesn't have the apertures for the lumbar support

ei8nl0.jpg

And I received no haribo :(

Soldato
Mine arrived half an hour ago, just finished building it.

Nope, no aperture for the lumbar support, nor any Haribo.

Actually, hang on, it's a completely different design to the one davido_labido has...

Associate
Mine arrived half an hour ago, just finished building it.

Nope, no aperture for the lumbar support, nor any Haribo.

Actually, hang on, it's a completely different design to the one davido_labido has...

My chair is still really impressive just annoying that the lumbar falls every time I get up.

Still enjoying it so far.

Can't say I got any Haribo myself.

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question to those who have theirs.

I got mine this morning but mine doesn't seem to have an aperture that the lumbar cushion strap goes behind according to the instructions.

You can see what I mean in this video.

https://youtu.be/Z8BZIVRt1Qs

It's supposed to slide behind the back of the chair.

Does yours have this?

Hi. I just bought one of these:

GC-019-DX_107723_800.jpg

And I dont have the aperture that allows feeding of the lumbar straps around.

I tweeted DXRacer and they unhelpfully suggested contacting OCUK.....

Does anyone know what we might be able to do?

Back
Top Bottom