US: Mr. Robot

Man of Honour
http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/Mr-Robot-summary

A contemporary and culturally resonant drama about a young programmer, Elliot, who suffers from a debilitating anti-social disorder and decides that he can only connect to people by hacking them. He wields his skills as a weapon to protect the people that he cares about.

Elliot will find himself in the intersection between a cybersecurity firm he works for and the underworld organizations that are recruiting him to bring down corporate America. Christian Slater stars in the title role of Mr. Robot, a mysterious anarchist who recruits Elliot into an underground hacker group.

Let's see how this pans out

Caporegime
Pans out? Down the pan more like ;)

Here's a challenge for them tho: make a worse "hacking" scene than the ones in Swordfish. You know, where they program by looking at spinning cubes on a screen, and the coder says "I don't know what my program does. The code just comes to me."

Man, Swordfish was awful.

Caporegime
Surprisingly good for a tech oriented show, always liked that lead guy in stuff he does. The support cast was strong. The only kind of irritating character was the friends boyfriend and he was supposed to be.

It's got potential, a good lead, a strong sounding story arc for the series and seems to be written by (and for) people who hate Apple/super corporations.

Permabanned
Has it been picked up to series? Saw the pilot kicking around yesterday but don't want to bother if it hasn't.

Edit - wikipedia to the rescue. 10 episode first season starts on June 24th.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
thanks will try, spotted texas rising and the last alaskan shows also just started but no idea if any good.

I watched Wayward pines also, not bad but the storyline sounds familiar almost like several films or tv shows done something similar like that in the past ;)

June and July are busy months, got true detective, the strain, defiance, dark matter, tyrant, under the dome, humans, falling skies, teen wolf, exant, dominion, ray donavon and few others returning to TV which is great since arrow, flash and AoS and other shows have finished up.

Associate
Just finished watching the pilot. Must say I was very entertained. Thought It did a lot of things well and the acting from all the cast was spot on apart from mr slater who was just his usual self. Hope the rest of the series Is of the same standard.

Caporegime
I really liked that!

There is some nudity lmfy2k but it's not blatant, naked lady lying on her side on the bed, necessary bits covered. far away shot of same lady mostly obscured by bed sheets. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over anyway and I don't think I heard 1 swear work at all.

Soldato
I'm sure you're old enough don't worry :p. Erm I can't find anything online but one scene would probably put it at a 15.

I loved this! Some bits are a bit off but I guess that's what you get with a cyber program aimed at the masses.

So far epic story line and a beautiful cliffhanger.

Certainly appeals to someone with my mindset.

WHERE IS THE SECOND EPISODE!!!!

Permabanned
I watched half of the first episode last night but was getting too late so went to sleep. It seemed surprisingly ok although usually i dislike any narration or where in tv or film the guys speaking in his head is shown as a voice that the audience can hear. This seems to rely heavily on this internal monologue. That could get boring fast. Will have to see where this goes but its definitely up to date with information and is trying to be realistic about technical aspects from what i saw of it.

Soldato
I really liked that!

There is some nudity lmfy2k but it's not blatant, naked lady lying on her side on the bed, necessary bits covered. far away shot of same lady mostly obscured by bed sheets. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over anyway and I don't think I heard 1 swear work at all.

Thanks, not for me lol for my 9 year old who is really into watching US shows with me (Arrow, flash etc)

think il watch this on my own :)

Soldato
Thanks, not for me lol for my 9 year old who is really into watching US shows with me (Arrow, flash etc)

think il watch this on my own :)

You could grab a copy and remove that scene. It doesn't detract from the story. However the opening scene may be too much for a 9 year old as well.

Soldato
Watched it last night, and I have to say that this looks to be a really good show! I like how they haven't strayed into crapspeak for the tech stuff like most TV shows (CSI Cyber) do and have have kept it pretty much real.

Back
Top Bottom