How much did it cost you get married?

Associate
Me and the missis have been together nearly 8 years now so have decided to tie the knot and make it official

We're looking at febuary 2017 and the costs are eye watering what we've been looking at

I know registry office and a pub reception is much cheaper but we've decided to have a day to remember so we've set a budget of 7k

Soldato
Somewhere in the region of £15-18k for the wedding, including dress and rings (as they were paid for outside of our original set budget of £15k). Around £7k for the honeymoon.

The key to a cheap wedding is to invite as few people as possible, or at the very least dont invite them all to the day :)

Last edited:
Soldato
£18k all in, including honeymoon. 7 years ago

Was a great day but..... I do think we should have done it a bit cheaper.

Difficult to do a "traditional" wedding for less than about £10-12k, though, I would say.

Associate
Damn price of weddings is something that puts me off wanting to get married in the first place. Ridiculous as that may sound but I really see it as pointless spending all that money on ONE day! The reason I would want to get married is to show my ultimate commitment to my partner, not be fleeced by one company after another all because what you are purchasing is for a wedding.

Call me Mr grumpy guts but I'd rather have the cheap registry office venue then spend all the money that would have been spent on the rest of that ONE day travelling around the world and gaining far more memories and fun experiences for around 31 days, might be more destination dependent!

Everyone is different though and I do appreciate some have a little more spare cash to splash more frequently than others.

Back
Top Bottom