• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Review Thread**

Associate
Still a few niggles with new games and sli. Also, if you stick x2 non reference cooled cards close together, if board spacing is tight you could end up with temps as high/higher than reference models on the top card.
I suppose I could place one in the main pci-e x16 and place the second card on the third pci-e slot below, don't know how that would effect it.
My Case is pretty well cooled though. Does SLI make the top card work harder, or is it really just about board spacing?

Associate
Titan X still ahead in all games but one. That's crazy, the TX is a beast. Very tempted to get the TX Hybrid, plz get it in stock OCUK.

Will be on EVGA EU in 2 days (of what was mentioned in the EVGA forums). Hopefully OCUK stock them aswell I need 2 now :D

I suppose I could place one in the main pci-e x16 and place the second card on the third pci-e slot below, don't know how that would effect it.
My Case is pretty well cooled though. Does SLI make the top card work harder, or is it really just about board spacing?

The main card (top slot) additionally runs the monitor/monitors aswell as the frame buffer, so yes.

Associate
The temptation to not go for the hybrid is too strong.

I'm sure the 980 will be fine for my needs until Pascal comes along though. (If I repeat that enough to myself it will stick hopefully!).

Associate
Gone for the Hybrid as I need a quiet a card as possible. Now to play the waiting game, anyone have an idea of a rough lead time?

no one know but now it should be over 30 people preorder as this afternoon i asked CS and been told that 26 preorder so far.( that was before the review on youtube upload )

so depend on how many first batch they will get also.

Back
Top Bottom