I am so excited : New Honda Type R : Waiting for mine

Associate
I have been Mr Sensible for 2 years in my 1.6D Civic with 65mpg up and down the motorways for 2 years.

But I sold my 335i chipped when I got the Civic and I am missing the driving pleasure and fun.

Well yesterday I put my name down for the new Type R

** No hotlinking **
http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites...//honda-civic-type-r-rear_2.jpg?itok=KnwFrjJx

In glorious red and hopefully I should get it in the 1st 2 weeks of July :)

So excited :)

Associate
OP
I'd only seen pics of a white one on Pistonheads, and thought that it looked awful, but red seems to suit it much, much better - should be quite a car !

It was a toss up between red and gun metal grey. The Milano red won the day.

Options for the car are only the colour.

Red, Black, Blue, White, Gun Metal Grey

That is all the choice you have for Honda's Halo car. :) (unless you want the non GT version which has none of the sat nav, sensors, DAB and toys)

Here is the grey one... close call
** No hotlinking **
http://static.autoexpress.co.uk/sit.../73//honda-civic-type-r-002.jpg?itok=mIU3XaQi

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly, that is VW Golf R territory..almost :D

Or Focus RS when released which in my opinion is the nicest looking out of all the new hot hatches.
Well done OP I'm sure it's going to be an awesome car! But I think the new Civic is truly Fugly. And I hate the way 4 exhausts on hot hatches is the new 2. :eek:

Associate
OP
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/videos/a25169/2015-civic-type-r-destroys-fwd-nurburgring-world-record/

Ready to have your preconceptions about front-wheel-drive blown right out of your skull? Honda just released video of a 2015 Civic Type R prototype lapping the Nurburgring in 7:50.63. That's just 10 seconds off the pace of the Porsche Cayman GT4, and only 30 seconds behind the world-beating 911 GT3 that won our Performance Car of the Year competition.

Not bad for a crappy front wheel drive car :) Not that I will be pushing these limits ;)

bJN

bJN

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28128582 said:
But thats only because nobody else making a hatch of this level of performance is daft enough to hobble it with FWD.

I forgot Seat and Renault don't make hatches. Oh wait. :p

As for the Golf R argument. I disagree with the price point of the new Civic as it does put it in a similar league to the Golf R and 135 etc. What it does have in its favour is arguably more driver involvement. The Golf R is nothing special - it sounds nice, it goes fast in a straight line, but that's it. It's so boring and mundane.

Permabanned
Would have one of these like a shot if it didnt look so horrendously cheap and tacky. :( All for aggressive looks but they have got this badly wrong with pointless stick on plastic and 12 year old designers.

First post is also the prototype, they ruined it since then.

Soldato
The CTR is better than the Golf R, its been getting rave reviews after yesterdays press launch, it looked a lot better in the press pics, but still not to my liking.

OP - I hope you know the pic you posted up is the concept and not the production car and that black one is a test mule wrapped in vinyl, not a grey one.

Caporegime
I think the FWD hot hatch market has lost its way. These are incredibly expensive for something that looks like its been crashed through Halfords.

What happened to the days when Hot Hatches were cheap, simple and fun?

Back
Top Bottom