WWDC 2015

Associate
So what you guys hoping to see here?

Aside from the new OS's (iOS 9 and 10.11), my main things are a new Apple TV (with an app store would be amazing) and maybe the new revision of iPhones (6S/6C)

Man of Honour
They've already said the new Apple TV won't debut at WWDC as it's not ready

Personally, I don't think we're going to see a whole lot other than maybe a couple of hardware refreshes. We won't see the phones though

They'll spend a lot of it talking about the new streaming service

Associate
From a development point of view (which is what the focus of the event is primarily for), I hope that they add some dynamic support to Swift, I really have a problem in passing unchecked strings around instead of type checked references. Thats the main thing I want, other than that making UXKit public for OS X would be nice so I don't have to deal with AppKit, and possibly some NFC API's and native WatchOS apps support would be welcome too.

From a consumer point of view, I just want stability, efficiency and security updates, it's been long overdue as the main focus has been feature pushes for the past few years, primarily in iOS rather than OS X. By the sounds of things this will be the case if the rumours are true, but I do hope that they will bring surprises too, and knowing Apple, they normally do!

Associate
OP
Ah yes, my bad. Couldn't remember if sometimes they gave an indication of new hardware but it's usually September along with the release of the latest iOS.

Soldato
Associate
@ Tunney Native .svg support would indeed be very welcome, the PDF solution they have now is ok for some situations but has it's problems.

It's very frustrating to know exactly when it's coming but not be able to say anything due to NDA :S

Soldato
It's very frustrating to know exactly when it's coming but not be able to say anything due to NDA :S

Oh go on! You can tell us....we won't let anyone know ;) :p

I'm still holding out hope for a new Apple TV (I've got the cash waiting!). I'm looking forward to seeing OS X 10.11 and iOS 9, really hope the rumours about these two versions focusing on performance/bug fixes is true rather than adding more and more features.
Interested in seeing the new iTunes/Beats streaming music service also and of course now confirming Apple Pay for the UK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom