Steam Summer Sale Questions

Soldato
Now the refund thing is in I may go through my library and request a refund on half of the games I bought in the sale and have never played.... That is if I can do that

Associate
With the new refund system in place you might as well just buy the game you want in the daily deals and hold off playing it until the final day. It eliminates the risk of missing out on a cheap price in the hope of a cheaper price.

I bought Football Manager 2015 Thursday night, played it for an hour, hated it so requested a refund, which came through Saturday afternoon. So its likely the refund wont go through until the price is back up to normal

Associate
Always wait until after the sale, only buy things when theyre silly high% off or in the flash sale.

A lot of the deals seem to be repeated at the end it seems if you managed to miss anything

100% Agree with this ^. If you wait a further 30 days after the sale, a few CD Key selling sites will be offering these games for a fraction of what they were selling for on Steam.

I got this email the other night:

"Steam sales are legendary – a time where you can pick up some of the world’s best titles at a fraction of high street prices. The bad news? Games sell out fast. The good news? You can buy a Steam gift card for you or a friend in seconds through PayPal Digital Gifts – and be ready to fly through checkout.

The next Steam sale is happening from 11 June to 21 June, 2015.* The real question is, are you ready for it?"

I don't really understand the whole bad news comments - "games sell out fast". I don't think you can technically run out of stock, if anything you just need to get more digital keys :D The only time I remember this happening is when Battlefront 2 went on sale once and a bunch of people bought it and they managed to run out of keys. It's usually not that bad though, even during the hectic Steam Summer Sale's when everybody is buying everything :D

Back
Top Bottom