• Yes

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 622 74.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 106 12.7%

• Total voters
Associate
Good news is SS version is noticeably better quality than the alu (although the alu is still really good at quality).

Yeah when they launched I didn't want to punt 600 quid on something that I wasn't sure if use

After a few weeks I thought what the hell I'll get the SS version as its nicer and I do use it

Soldato
After a week of ownership, i'm happy to say, that its been a worthwhile investment.. You don't realise how much of a pain it is to get up and go check your phone when you get an SMS or iMessage. Now I just look at the phone and dicate a reply back using siri.

That amoungst other things. Like now for example, I'm cooking, and using the timer, which is a customisable feature on the main face... No more having to keep checking my phone.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Alright who's got a scratch on their sport screen yet? I got a small deepish one at the top boarder for some annoying reason. Not that noticeable really but get a few more and they all add up. Also that Asus watch lol? Look bloody awful.

Associate
Does anyone know whether there would be any issue in buying a Watch from abroad?

Obviously I may need to buy a different power adaptor, but what about warranty or configuration issues?

Associate
Looking forward to watchOS 2... I already love my watch, so the stuff they are adding is going to be the cherry on top.

Yep totally agree. However I think maybe this is what Apple wanted to release originally but didn't have the time for it. Will be nice when all the OS releases are synced up again

Soldato
Does anyone know whether there would be any issue in buying a Watch from abroad?

Obviously I may need to buy a different power adaptor, but what about warranty or configuration issues?

When ? They're not even for sale in the apple stores over in the US yet ? Mail order only...

So there's one issue already, and a pretty big one at that... However if you're not travelling for a good while, then no, i cannot see any issue. Everything is piggy backed off your phone, and the charger, is USB to the adapter just like your iphone.

Associate
And hurray! Apple Pay is finally coming to the UK.

I know contactless payment is pretty much in 70% of shops here in London at least, so this is going to be fantastic. i'm still rocking the iPhone 5 but I think I should still be able to use this because I have the watch... if not, then a genuine reason to upgrade!

Soldato
And hurray! Apple Pay is finally coming to the UK.

I know contactless payment is pretty much in 70% of shops here in London at least, so this is going to be fantastic. i'm still rocking the iPhone 5 but I think I should still be able to use this because I have the watch... if not, then a genuine reason to upgrade!

£20 transaction limit and three times per day only like other contact less payments however is a major downer :( oh - and having Barclays as a bank

Associate
£20 transaction limit and three times per day only like other contact less payments however is a major downer :( oh - and having Barclays as a bank

Transaction limit is fine... But I swear I make more than 3 contactless payments a day with my card. Being at the bar last night was another example haha.

If it does turn out to be Barclays only... Then sorry Halifax, I'm jumping ship.

Permabanned
so fed up with Apple, basically my order was dispatched on Tuesday, all tracking says is delivery 18th, over a week really? Apple tell me its because I added AppleCare and a charge cable it takes longer :( plus I cant track my delivery number on UPS, UKmail or Syncreon. So I have no idea where it is or if its coming early, plus im working from home tomorrow:( and people seem to get theirs from china in 3 days but mine is taking forever from dispatch for some reason. Anyone help?

Soldato
Transaction limit is fine... But I swear I make more than 3 contactless payments a day with my card. Being at the bar last night was another example haha.

If it does turn out to be Barclays only... Then sorry Halifax, I'm jumping ship.

No I mean Barclays are the only bank who haven't signed up to it.

Wouldn't know about the 3 transactions thing as I don't use contact less at the moment but all the FAQs say 3 is the limit

Soldato
so fed up with Apple, basically my order was dispatched on Tuesday, all tracking says is delivery 18th, over a week really? Apple tell me its because I added AppleCare and a charge cable it takes longer :( plus I cant track my delivery number on UPS, UKmail or Syncreon. So I have no idea where it is or if its coming early, plus im working from home tomorrow:( and people seem to get theirs from china in 3 days but mine is taking forever from dispatch for some reason. Anyone help?

Apple products from China have always taken a full 7 days in my experience. It sounds like your tracking number isn't valid because they've split your order in two - one for the watch and one for the AppleCare+/cable.

Tracking is one area where Apple could really improve. It all feels so archaic.

Permabanned
Apple products from China have always taken a full 7 days in my experience. It sounds like your tracking number isn't valid because they've split your order in two - one for the watch and one for the AppleCare+/cable.

Tracking is one area where Apple could really improve. It all feels so archaic.

Apple site hasn't updated since Friday as it says In Transit to Customer 12/06, hopefully some movement tomorrow. Loads of people on Macrumours got their watches from China in 2 days! they could follow theirs on the UPS site, but I cant as its a multiple item order.

Soldato
So I just returned to the UK a couple of days ago and my Apple Watch 42mm Black/black sports was waiting for me. I'm not sure if I will keep it. I prefer my mechanical watch and so far the apps feel pretty gimmicky and non intuitive especially the interface and way you add/remove apps via an iPhone . :eek:

Associate
Gutted .. my SS 42mm with Milanese loop arrived and I noticed it had a residue on the screen that couldn't be wiped off, not detrimental to usage of the watch but after paying 600 notes I wanted it in pristine condition!
Called apple support and had to return it .. 2- 3 weeks for replacement :(

Back
Top Bottom