Ridley Scott’s The Martian

Soldato
Please be better than Scott's recent works
sav8ko.png

I Don't Want A Holiday ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Guarantee Sean Bean will die somehow...

I agree it looks good, but i fear that in the attempt to make it look realistic will only make the inevitable Hollywood BS more disappointing :p

Ill still see it

Soldato
Read the book and absolutely loved it, really tense page turner

High hopes for the film, but honestly don't think it will translate to the screen, to be fair - the quote is directly from the book

Soldato
There are some great lines in the book. The bit where he determines his units of measure will be known as Pirate Ninjas had me laughing out loud in the company car park, which resulted in several people looking at me very strangely. I didn't care. :D

Soldato
The book is great, and is pretty much written like it was designed to be converted to a screenplay. As long as they stick with that and include the inner monologue (or have the main character verbally keeping a log) it will work. A lot of the humour and explanation of what he's doing and what is going on is from the first person perspective, and as the main character is on his own, that needs to be conveyed to the audience.

As long as they don't mess around with the story from book, it will be fine. The special effects and the desolate martian landscape is a given.

Associate
There are some great lines in the book. The bit where he determines his units of measure will be known as Pirate Ninjas had me laughing out loud in the company car park, which resulted in several people looking at me very strangely. I didn't care. :D

I loved this bit, esp given the time lag

[11:49] JPL: What we can see of your planned cut looks good. We’re assuming the other side is identical. You’re cleared to start drilling.
[12:07] Watney: That’s what she said.
[12:25] JPL: Seriously, Mark? Seriously?”

Back
Top Bottom