Slow...sluggish...*cant think of any more acronyms*

Associate
Build:
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4ghz
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
MSI P67A-C45 (MS-7673) (SOCKET 0)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD) (Has OS on)
111GB OCZ-VERTEX3 (SSD) (Games)
465GB MAXTOR STM3500320AS (SATA) (Misc)

from power on to boot ~45seconds (i know thats still pretty quick compared to some, but IMO its gotten slower, once booted @ 13-15seconds)

programs sluggish to load, chrome is slow to react, just in general its overall quality seems slow?

recently updated all drivers for ethernet/pci.. etc etc

anything more to be considered? as i wouldnt say my pc is past it?:(

Associate
could it be your Samsung SSD? and the known issue with it slowing down over time? there is a fix on these forums if thats the case, check the storage section.

Man of Honour
The 840 EVO does sound like a likely suspect if you've not done the performance restoration thing on it.

Mine got the point where some data was only accessible at 0.3MB/s which obviously started to be noticeable.

Or synonyms. Glacial is a personal favourite. Also, it's got. /pedant

What's the machine doing when it's slow? Thrashing the disk? Are things like Chrome on SSD or the mech drive? Done a health check on the SSD? Also, anything odd on task manager?

Associate
OP
task manager hogging 0.8% CPU ;P

im just about to update SSD firmware, via 4.6 magician (why 4.5 doesnt prompt is beyond me!!!)
i'll check back then.
and malware bytes is a clean result too

Man of Honour
http://i.imgur.com/DBD1gpR.png

theres my performance on it? dunno if thats good?!

yeh i meant synonyms.. its late, i got my driving test tomorrow.. im stressed :p

Chrome is installed onto Evo SSD yeh

Try doing a benchmark with HD Tune - the IOPS are down a bit from where they should be which suggests it may be struggling (or could just be due to a problem strangling performance elsewhere).

Back
Top Bottom