Insanely annoyed at the RMA proccess with Superflower

Soldato
OP
I'd buy a Corsair PSU again in a heartbeat, never had an issue with their RMA. They sent me a brand new 600T when I complained about the panel gap on mine and let me keep the old one.

I returned a set of RAM too as a stick was faulty and never had any issues.

Haha I do love Corsair myself mate, While my 1200W Superflower was away I bought a 650w Corsair gold, It ran my system and never complained once. Great little psu for a back up me thinks.

Soldato
Haha I do love Corsair myself mate, While my 1200W Superflower was away I bought a 650w Corsair gold, It ran my system and never complained once. Great little psu for a back up me thinks.

I've a AX750, I've just had the case upside down to clean the dust filter and noticed absolutely nothing on it. I don't even think the fans been on since I bought the thing.

I'd rather have something fail twice in 5 years and it be easy to return than once in 5 years and have a right faff returning it.

Soldato
OP
I've a AX750, I've just had the case upside down to clean the dust filter and noticed absolutely nothing on it. I don't even think the fans been on since I bought the thing.

I'd rather have something fail twice in 5 years and it be easy to return than once in 5 years and have a right faff returning it.

Aye, If the superflower ever dies am going back to Corsair. But I need the 1200w for my soon to be SLI 980TI's haha.

Soldato
Not questioning any integrity here however i can understand them being apprehensive about this RMA and as such declining it. As you have said ware and tear on the sticker most likely from the case.

Rule of thumb to follow always take pictures or video showing it being opened and checks of how things like warranty stickers appear. And the same before sending anything for RMA.

EDIT : Nice to see you have it sorted now though :) bookmarked this thread on the chance my psu gets the same issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd buy a Corsair PSU again in a heartbeat, never had an issue with their RMA. They sent me a brand new 600T when I complained about the panel gap on mine and let me keep the old one.

I returned a set of RAM too as a stick was faulty and never had any issues.

LOL Corsair are ace with their warranty. One of my colleagues mistakenly processed a 1000w HX PSU for RMA that had been damaged in transit rather than the one that was actually faulty. I didn't realise till it came back that the wrong one had been processed. They had replaced the bashed up one with no issues.

Man of Honour
Aye, If the superflower ever dies am going back to Corsair. But I need the 1200w for my soon to be SLI 980TI's haha.

You can comfortably run SLI 980Ti off a 850w psu. The 900 series gpu's are incredibly efficient.

Seeing this thread makes me feel it's time to stop recommending Superflower. I always recommend the EVGA version where possible due to the extra warranty and lack of tacky led's.

Soldato
Yeah it's ashame, I wonder how many other cases there have been like this. I would say not many as it's probably the first time most of us have heard about bad service from them. Still a shame as they do make great PSUs but this thread will definitely make people think twice before purchasing one of their PSUs now. I rarely recommend their own branded units anyway as the EVGA ones they make are usually cheaper, plus they are renowned for their good service ;)

Associate
Dang, I was actually looking at a Superflower PSU.

With this and the lack of readily available cable mod kits, I think I'll pass and get a corsair instead.

Soldato

With this and the lack of readily available cable mod kits, I think I'll pass and get a corsair instead.

I would go with Seasonic or EVGA. Also the EVGA kits might work but you'd have to find out for sure.

Soldato

Be wary of the 1200i if you decide on Corsair, just had to RMA mine and there are many reports around the web of failures on this particular unit, bought it on the strength of positive reviews and a particularly glowing one from Jonny Guru, not sure why the 1200i unit is so flaky as a lot of the Corsair PSU's seem to be fine, Gibbo & 8 Pack for instance both rate the 1500i as one of the top units.

Corsair use various OEM's for manufacture so this must be part of the reason for the varying quality, 2 of their OEMs are Flextronics and Seasonic, Flextronics I believe made the 1200i, it would be worth your while finding out who the OEM is before buying. I think most people would recommend Seasonic above Flextronics, I know I would, infact I'm still running a Seasonic 700W PSU in another PC which I bought donkeys years ago, the Corsair Flextronics lasted barely 8 months.

Soldato
Seasonic X Series!

Sure there a bit more money, but there highly reliable, quiet, efficient and the RMA is apparently good.

I'm a software developer working from home, plus I have servers in my house. I have 4 Seasonic X series PSU, first is from 2009, they all clock up an abnormal amount of hours, a quick calculation says my 2009 unit has done over 60k hours, never an issue with any of them.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't read through the whole thread but I'd speak to bailey in the RMA section of the forums. With the 3 RMA issues (one being my Titan X - so it was totally twitchy bum time about posting it back) i've had he's been spot on. This was after chatting to a couple of guys on the phone who, as someone previously mentioned, were not interested in the slightest. Even went so far as to say I couldn't return my product to OCuk directly despite the OCuk website and Gigabyte warranty both detailing RMA (in the case of the TX) was dealt with through the place of purchase.

Honestly, Bailey has been the lad to chat to on each occasion. Seems to understand customer is king.

Anecdotally, you'd think OCuk would be really hot on superflower RMA being that they have the joint venture thing going on with 8pack.

Edit: I hope posting here hasn't jinxed my Superflower PSU like it seems to everyone elses.

Back
Top Bottom