The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Soldato
@bemanic, how is your Panasonic 802B 50" 4K ?
Can you give more details about, please ?
Thanks

Sure. The price was excellent as I got it for £849 and then they went down to £649 before all the refurbs sold out on ebay. Keep an eye out though as the response time and features on this TV are really good. I suppose if there was only 1 thing wrong with it it would be that the far left and right sides in certain rare scenarios are a little lighter than the rest of the display but to get displayport/response times/features/netflix4k all under £850 is tricky :)

Associate
Finally got to setup my monitor aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm sad. The picture is beautiful and the blacks really are brilliant. I'm using TFT's icc profile and everything is gorgeous except my 290's will not display at max resolution and 60hz. Only 30hz. When I switch the display over to dp1.2 my screen just goes black and stays that way.

:( I't s 3:30am here though so I'll mess with it tomorrow. Hopefully I'm just doing something lame. So far other than that 40" and 4k looks perfect :D

Soldato
Finally got to setup my monitor aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm sad. The picture is beautiful and the blacks really are brilliant. I'm using TFT's icc profile and everything is gorgeous except my 290's will not display at max resolution and 60hz. Only 30hz. When I switch the display over to dp1.2 my screen just goes black and stays that way.

:( I't s 3:30am here though so I'll mess with it tomorrow. Hopefully I'm just doing something lame. So far other than that 40" and 4k looks perfect :D

Lindy Cromo displayport cable neeeeeds you. It's callllling you and will solve you issssssues :)

Associate
Sure. The price was excellent as I got it for £849 and then they went down to £649 before all the refurbs sold out on ebay. Keep an eye out though as the response time and features on this TV are really good. I suppose if there was only 1 thing wrong with it it would be that the far left and right sides in certain rare scenarios are a little lighter than the rest of the display but to get displayport/response times/features/netflix4k all under £850 is tricky :)

How are colors, contrast, black ?
What about ghosting, inputlag ? 4:4:4 @60Hz 4k ?

Associate
Lindy Cromo displayport cable neeeeeds you. It's callllling you and will solve you issssssues :)

After spending a few hours reading it seems the most common fix for this is in fact a certified cable. The one I'm using is pretty shoddy as it was the only thing I could find locally. I ordered the ultra av one, we will see. At least I can say that gaming on this at 1440p actually looks really really nice still! The colors in gtaV pop so well!

Only other issue is I noticed a stuck pixel right dead in the center. Can only see it with white background. :(

Soldato
I can't understand why Philips didn't add the " saturation " option on the OSD menu
It this option were there, that would be the best monitor i've ever used.
Colors are washed out, imo, even with digital vibrance to 100 %
I agree with you 100% the colour looks a little washed out but Blurays look vibrant I wonder if its some sort of desktop only hardware filter mode?

Associate
Have you guys not tried the TFT icc profiles? Definitely helped the washed out look for me.

So I'm sending my monitor back. The dead pixels are actually damaged pieces of the screen. If I wait for another one it will be mid - late July before I get it, or I can get a full refund.

I do love this monitor so far aside from the damage lol, but is there even another quality 4k monitor out in this size at the moment? :(

Associate
Thanks for the tip eyetrip, I take it you want photos of the service menus?

Also no saturation problem here, tiny bit of ghosting afterglow on the screen similar to the u2711, rare that it is that noticeable but it is there, otherwise seems good, stand is rubbish a

Soldato
Are those profiles working with games? I think ive read somewhere, that game gamma settings etc override the icc profile settings. Is that correct? Tanks.

That could have been an article on my website. Many people just apply ICC profiles (often other people's) thinking that it will 'give games more accurate colours' or something along those lines. But as noted in the article, it could in fact be counter-productive. If you have a display which clearly looks much better when using ICC profiles, then give them a go on games as you essentially have nothing to lose but something to gain.

I don't really see the point with this model. It shows significant colour temperature variation between samples and has a range of gamma settings which can be employed via the OSD. If you feel it looks 'washed out' then raising the gamma mode may help. It may also looked 'washed out' because you're observing colours towards the edges of the screen where they lose saturation. That isn't something that ICC profiles will rectify.

Soldato
I am absolutely satisfied with the philips and its colours:).

Couldn't have put it better myself!

This panel plus three TITAN X = gaming heaven!

Two things of note after a week of use, I've noticed flickering very occasionally but I am using a 10ft cable so that may be a contributor.

Secondly I can notice the colour transition that people have mentioned on certain gradients that appears as a yellow streak or similar. Not enough to bother me.

Came from the ROG Swift and I have to say I'm not missing G-Sync or high refresh anywhere near as much as I did when I tried the DELL 34" 21:9 IPS.

Associate
I use an old program called color profile keeper. I've tested it multiple times on and off and in most games the profile sticks. Some it doesn't but when I'm actually in game with this monitor the colors look great regardless. I guess because the darker colors are richer than my previous IPS.

Back
Top Bottom