The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Think I've bit off more than I can chew with one of the Witcher contracts (Oxenfurt Drunk), everything I do does nearly no damage to that damn thing and it takes 1/2 my health with one hit :(

Guess I shouldn't take a contract 6 levels above me, either that or I'll just have to turn difficulty down but I'd rather not.

I had similar with the Jenny of the woods contract at level 9 which nearly made me throw the controller:o

Soldato
OP
I'm nowhere near finished, but it's definitely the best RPG I've played and definitely the largest game too.

It blows my mind how large the game is at this level of detail and quality across the board. People are crazy about GTAs/Fallouts but this just eclipses them both, and they made it in only 3 years with much smaller budget.

I'm actually going through the Witcher 2 again now with my Witcher 1 save. After which I'll import that to 3 for my second play through. :D

This is easily my game of the year, and the best RPG I've played since the Baldur's Gate series ended.

Yeah, me too - before TW3 came out, I re-read all 8 books and replayed both games and imported the saves :)
Just one huge amazing bigazz witcher experience.

Associate
With regards to Witcher 1 does any of the decisions you make impact Witcher 3?

I have seen Thaler in Witcher 3, what happens if you let him die in Witcher 1, does he still appear in 3?

What about Siegfried, Yeravin and Adda? Do any of them make an appearance?

Also from Witcher 2 do Loredo, Iorveth, Saskia, Sile make an appearance?

The game is amazing though apart from some annoying bugs, I have hope for an enhanced edition next year after all DLC has been released. I also like how the have done the World map because there is room for a few more large areas.

Associate
Why not just come back to it once you've levelled a bit?

That's precisely what I had to do in the end, didn't want to turn the difficulty down (on Blood and Broken Bones at the moment) so I'll just do it later on. It's odd though as I completed a level 25 contract when I was level 20 and that was really easy, but this one (Oxenfurt Drunk) which was a just a level higher (26) was way too much to handle! Guess it didn't help that the place where you fight the enemy is a tiny little hut with not much room to manoeuvre.

Anyway, just recently got to Skellige. I'Ve hardly explored any of it and it's already pretty much jumped to my favourite environment in the game so far.

Soldato
With regards to Witcher 1 does any of the decisions you make impact Witcher 3?

I have seen Thaler in Witcher 3, what happens if you let him die in Witcher 1, does he still appear in 3?

What about Siegfried, Yeravin and Adda? Do any of them make an appearance?

Also from Witcher 2 do Loredo, Iorveth, Saskia, Sile make an appearance?

The game is amazing though apart from some annoying bugs, I have hope for an enhanced edition next year after all DLC has been released. I also like how the have done the World map because there is room for a few more large areas.

Hmm, very hard to answer without super heavy spoilers.

Witcher 1
I let Thaler live, so no idea what happens if he dies in 1 for 3. I suspect he's just not there, and the questline involving him is gone.

I chose Shani as my love, and although you don't see her in 3, you can ask after her from her mentor. She's apparently off in the front lines as a medic.

Adda died in mine so she's not in 3. Also not seen or heard about Siegfried or Yeravin in 3.

Witcher 2
Loredo is killed in 2 on my playthrough so there's nothing of him, Sadly never ran into Iorveth on 3, or Saskia ( presuming to didn't kill her ). She's speculated to still be off in the north recovering from the tree stump she was impaled on.

Roche is certainly there, as is Letho if you let him live.
Sile as well, if you let her live. You find her in the Dungeons in Oxenfurt where she was tortured to death by mage/witch hunters.

If you helped out the dwarves in Vergen on 2, you actually get to meet some of their friends that recognise you in 3. Yarpen's friend, and the ones from the bank. As such they can aid you in some quests.

Caporegime
Hotfix 1.06 has just been released for PC. Please check the list of changes below.

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

Associate
Hmm, very hard to answer without super heavy spoilers.

Witcher 1
I let Thaler live, so no idea what happens if he dies in 1 for 3. I suspect he's just not there, and the questline involving him is gone.

I chose Shani as my love, and although you don't see her in 3, you can ask after her from her mentor. She's apparently off in the front lines as a medic.

Adda died in mine so she's not in 3. Also not seen or heard about Siegfried or Yeravin in 3.

Witcher 2
Loredo is killed in 2 on my playthrough so there's nothing of him, Sadly never ran into Iorveth on 3, or Saskia ( presuming to didn't kill her ). She's speculated to still be off in the north recovering from the tree stump she was impaled on.

Roche is certainly there, as is Letho if you let him live.
Sile as well, if you let her live. You find her in the Dungeons in Oxenfurt where she was tortured to death by mage/witch hunters.

If you helped out the dwarves in Vergen on 2, you actually get to meet some of their friends that recognise you in 3. Yarpen's friend, and the ones from the bank. As such they can aid you in some quests.

Cheers for that, my imported save is slightly different:

Witcher 1

Thaler lives, sided with Order, Adda lives and choose Triss instead of Shani as Alvin carer

Witcher 2 ... read only if you know loads about Witcher 2.

Adda married to Radovid, Loredo escapes as I saved elf women, sided with Iorveth, friends with Saskia, spared Sile and Letho, Siegfried is Grandmaster of order

Hopefully some may appear in DLC or the expansions.

Also loved the Easter Eggs:

Message from Alvin/Jaques de Aldesburg in the book shop in Novi. GOT character in the cell on a Skellege island

Only on Act 2 now, hopefully there will be plenty more surprises :)

Associate
Is it possible that you can import a W2 save which is not 100% completed? It seems that's what I did by mistake when I started as:

(W2 spoilers)
I think I accidentally imported the save from just before confronting Letho in the final part of the game in Loch Muinne. As in W2 I spared Letho but he did not show up where he was supposed to in W3. So is it actually possible to import a save that is not a 100% completion of W2 or did my save not work at all? How could I check that the rest of my progress from W2 was imported properly? (I sided with Iorveth, let Sile die and spared Saskia)

Soldato
How many of you are playing this with hairworks disabled?

I've been playing since release with everything maxed at 1200p and it's playable no probs. But it keeps nagging me that hair works is killing too many fps for the IQ gain. This is why I was contemplating buying another 970. But I dont know if I will be dissapointed with SLI.

I played with Hairworks Enabled during the latter part of the game due to buying a 980 GTX. Must say that it looked rather good on the monsters. Played everything on Ultra and I mean everything. Silky smooth experience.

Soldato
Clocked the game last week after 74-75 hours. Tried starting again but ... nah, not yet. Playing through other games first before tackling Witcher 2 again and by the time I get to 3 again, the first proper DLC should hit. Also read all the books last week and had my fill of Geralt now :p

Associate
Yes, apparently when you import your Witcher 2 save it puts the manual saves at the top instead of Autosaves.

So people import there last manual save by accident which is before Letho fight, when it should be the auto-save that is imported after the Letho fight. (You don't get chance to manual save after the final meeting)

By default it assumes Letho dies at end of Witcher 2 much to my annoyance, always the next play through I suppose.

Associate
Yes, apparently when you import your Witcher 2 save it puts the manual saves at the top instead of Autosaves.

So people import there last manual save by accident which is before Letho fight, when it should be the auto-save that is imported after the Letho fight. (You don't get chance to manual save after the final meeting)

By default it assumes Letho dies at end of Witcher 2 much to my annoyance, always the next play through I suppose.

Yeah I think that's the mistake I made unfortunately, oh well as long as the rest of my W2 progress applies then that's alright.

Kind of an oversight to allow players to import a non-100% completed Witcher 2 save though - it should flag an issue if you try to do that.

Associate
I had similar with the Jenny of the woods contract at level 9 which nearly made me throw the controller:o

Ha, I had loads of hassle with that one too, was not levelled enough and knew 'how' to do it but doing it was another matter. Took a load of deaths before I cracked that one.

Same with the next quest where I had some evil Fogling in a cave who could kill me with a couple of hits.

I liked it though! Proper challenge for a change.

Associate
Speaking of imported save files, I just noticed recently that in my game Geralt has a tattoo on his neck. Those of you who played W2 will know that Geralt can acquire the tattoo after a drunken night out. However, in my playthrough of W2 I was able to remove the tattoo later on. Not sure why it's reappeared again. A minor annoyance for sure, but anyone else notice any quirks with their imported saves ?

Associate
OMG, Wolf School armor set coming to the witcher 3

AIMmlH1.png

Wonder what the stats / appearance are like!

It's tomorrow the DLC patches isn't it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers for that, my imported save is slightly different:

Witcher 1

Thaler lives, sided with Order, Adda lives and choose Triss instead of Shani as Alvin carer

Witcher 2 ... read only if you know loads about Witcher 2.

Adda married to Radovid, Loredo escapes as I saved elf women, sided with Iorveth, friends with Saskia, spared Sile and Letho, Siegfried is Grandmaster of order

Hopefully some may appear in DLC or the expansions.

That's fascinating! I never knew of anyone that made those choices in Witcher 1.

It's been so long since i replayed that I forgot you had that option for Adda.

I'm in the second part of Chapter 2 on Witcher 2 again now, on the Roche path. It's so much fun still. :D

I look forward to playing through the Witcher 3 with a proper complete save, and with all the new DLC added.

Back
Top Bottom