Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Associate
Although I'm currently using the FB 7490, my connection apparently re-synced this morning though I have no idea why. Looks like DLM intervention as there was no error spike, yet everything is the same as it was. No G.INP change, no SRA change, no interleaving applied, no increase or decrease in maximum sync rate. Very odd, I wonder if BT is rolling out a new set of DLM profiles to ECi cabs?

Associate
Although I'm currently using the FB 7490, my connection apparently re-synced this morning though I have no idea why. Looks like DLM intervention as there was no error spike, yet everything is the same as it was. No G.INP change, no SRA change, no interleaving applied, no increase or decrease in maximum sync rate. Very odd, I wonder if BT is rolling out a new set of DLM profiles to ECi cabs?

DLM system typically does that to my connection every couple or so weeks. Most of the time nothing changes. I know (or am pretty sure) why it does it (on an ECI openreach modem setup with homehub 3 or 4 at least).

The ECI modem will often have a change of profile but the homehub will not recognise fully a change has taken place so the connection speed remains performing as it was until you either manually reboot the homehub or let DLM intervene again to do it.

A good example is up until recently i was DLM'd which always reduces my connection down to 64-68(ish)Mb and ping to the bbc basically doubles to around 20ms. My connection speed is normally (IE no DLM intervention) in or around the 70-76Mb throughput range without DLM and ping to the BBC is around 10ms.

I always know when DLM has relented as although the connection speed can get stuck at the 64-68Mb the ping time will go back to the 10ms range.

A quick reboot of the homehub ONLY and the speed then goes back up to the 70-76Mb range.

Basically i think sometimes the router part (at least in the homehub 3 and 4 case) does not restart/resyn with the modem. So DLM does it instead every couple of weeks if a number of profile changes in that time have taken place.

Its not always the case sometimes you can get DLM'd or have DLM removed and the hub will also restart/sync with the modem, but sometimes it does not.

Associate
i have a strange issue that been reported to asus, its a bug to do with fastpath and interleave.
To test to see if you have the bug. Compare router gui to telnet.
My router reports FastPath in gui, telnet reports a figure thats not equal to fastpath, this bug stops me from actualy getting fastpath, which i think can also be effecting many others on the latest firmware.
If this is effecting you please do report it, maybe this will get sorted quicker.

Soldato
I mentioned earlier in the thread the Asus would report fastpath but all other modems would show interleaved. Some else said probably due to g.inp or to that effect. Can't remember exactly what was said.

Associate
when i first told them about it they kind of shrugged it off, but i just knew something was not right, but decided to wait it out, and eventually had enough, they blamed my isp, so they got access via vpn proberly because they didnt believe me. and sure enough it was their fault, email response is, "Will look into this issue, some output not display as expected which leads to this issue."

Associate
i have a strange issue that been reported to asus, its a bug to do with fastpath and interleave.
To test to see if you have the bug. Compare router gui to telnet.
My router reports FastPath in gui, telnet reports a figure thats not equal to fastpath, this bug stops me from actualy getting fastpath, which i think can also be effecting many others on the latest firmware.
If this is effecting you please do report it, maybe this will get sorted quicker.

I noticed this buy i just ignored it and plugged in the HG612.

As of this morning i am no longer interleaved! So it might be time to bring the Asus back into action!

Associate
Now they know that there is something wrong. They used VPN to check for themselves, proberly as they didnt believe it.
I can say since i have had this device the only times i have ever had Fastpath is when i have changed from an openreach modem that was already fastpath. thats including before ESNP.
So i guess this is the longest lasting bug to be fixed, which i remeber when we had the last beta and latest firmware the hot topic was would it return to fastpath.

I wonder how many people using this device think they returned to fastpath, have you?

Associate
Now they know that there is something wrong. They used VPN to check for themselves, proberly as they didnt believe it.
I can say since i have had this device the only times i have ever had Fastpath is when i have changed from an openreach modem that was already fastpath. thats including before ESNP.
So i guess this is the longest lasting bug to be fixed, which i remeber when we had the last beta and latest firmware the hot topic was would it return to fastpath.

I wonder how many people using this device think they returned to fastpath, have you?

I was interleaved then DLM intervened after a day and said Fastpath so i was quite happy but the ping and speeds wasnt right. So then i used Telnet and saw i had an interleaved depth of 1015. This is when i got the HG612 in the hope it would sort it out for me!

Associate
I was interleaved then DLM intervened after a day and said Fastpath so i was quite happy but the ping and speeds wasnt right. So then i used Telnet and saw i had an interleaved depth of 1015. This is when i got the HG612 in the hope it would sort it out for me!

Whilst I had my Asus the one time I saw Fastpath seemed to refer to the upstream.

Associate
I've just had Solar Panels installed and got DLM'd 48hrs afterwards. With interleaving errors are minimal so I'm waiting to see if it reverts back to fastpath so I can see what happens.

I DLM'd about 48hours after the installation but i put that down to the power being off for hours and then coming on then back off etc. I found it interesting that the CRC errors i get now on the HG612 are similar to what i use to get on the ASUS.

Associate
DLM should have ignored your power outage.

I had mine installed last Wednesday but didn't check my line stats until the Friday morning at which point I had over 400 ES/35 SES. Not long after I had 2 quick re-syncs and found Interleaving had been applied. Maybe it was something else, but until Interleaving is taken off I can't check anything.

Back
Top Bottom