Do you like Avicii?

Soldato
So given that some and some don't like this type of Music (I've only really been occasionally listening to it for the past couple of months), any recommendations for it without crappy cheesy vocals put over the top of it.

Like...

I know its not to everyone's taste, but I guess there are some losers like me here that like similar stuff.

Soldato
He's okay and musically he puts some pretty clever stuff in there.

EDM is like any other genre and has it popular performers eg Avicii, it's super talented geniuses eg BT, and utter dross too. BT is arguably one of the most innovative and talented artists across genres.

Soldato

EDM is like any other genre and has it popular performers eg Avicii, it's super talented geniuses eg BT, and utter dross too. BT is arguably one of the most innovative and talented artists across genres.

Seems to be general consensus but I've never found him to be particularly amazing, despite listening to a good chunk of his stuff due to said general consensus. I've found some of it to be quite bland, too clean or at other times downright cheesefest ( e.g. Suddenly, The Emergency). Can't argue that it's all well produced though and mostly uplifting.

I don't like Avicii purely because of unwanted exposure to the same crappy Wake Me Up song on Heart that I'm forced to listen to at work on a daily basis for the past few months. There is so much better electronic music out there to listen to it causes me genuine pain to have to endure it.

Soldato
So given that some and some don't like this type of Music (I've only really been occasionally listening to it for the past couple of months), any recommendations for it without crappy cheesy vocals put over the top of it.

Like...

I know its not to everyone's taste, but I guess there are some losers like me here that like similar stuff.

Haven't heard this in ages, thanks for reminding me! :D

Love EDM, but I enjoy all genres of music, from euphoria to death metal. :p

Soldato
I thought that was just ...And All That Makes Us Human Continues

That one was the only one purely done in C sound but I he uses it a lot elsewhere. He is in a band now from what I understand All Hail the Silence - very Depeche Mode and 80's. Quite like them makes a change from my usual listening. I try and make myself listen to new stuff and different genres otherwise I'd just put my favourite album on non-stop everyday ...

Anyway nice to chat to someone new in a few threads where we have some common interests!

Last edited:
Caporegime

Like...

I LOVE Greyhound. It's one of those tracks which gets me going every time it plays. I love all this Eurotrash stuff, the more the merrier. What other people choose to listen to is their bag, the fact that they feel so strongly about my choice of music says more about them than me tbh.

Caporegime

I tend to prefer his older stuff to be honest, however his collaboration with Adam K (Tomahawk) was a blinder on the dancefloor :D

Soldato
No, he's just another dance-pop clone.

And not enough talent to adjust his live sets, instead he tells his opening acts not to use anything he wants to play.

Soldato
I tend to prefer his older stuff to be honest, however his collaboration with Adam K (Tomahawk) was a blinder on the dancefloor :D

Ima is still my favourite so I am with you on this one. Was formative for me trying a different genre of music and the time starting to really go clubbing again after a hiatus since the days of 808 state.

Back
Top Bottom