• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If Fury X turns out to faster than 980 ti...will you switch?

Caporegime
Switch from a 980Ti? Seems a bit pointless.

Is there a scenario where a 980Ti at 1440p isn't quick enough?

And if you are running 4k then you'd probably be talking a few fps at most if the Fury X does turn out to be quicker.

Associate
Ill be staying with my 970sli @ 1440p for the moment thanks :)

On a serious note, I am happy with games I play at the moment on 970SLI@1440p. Including mostly maxxed Witcther 3 and Ultimate settings on GTA:V. But, and I'm sure this is, but apart from most enthusiast PC tech consumers who haven't recently bought a Titan X or 980Ti, I will wait till the beginning of 2016, when things will have settled, prices will have stabilized, drivers matured, the second hand market may even be viable.

Then and only then may I look at changing, 980ti SLI is appealing, but Fury X may also be worthy. Who knows.

Soldato
NO, simply because TX is already way too powerful for 1080p

only upgrade if you're going to switch to 4K which wont be till next year and any upgrade (OBVIOUSLY) will have to be far more powerful than TX.

this can only be a Dual Card.........another TX or next year's TX :cool:

Associate
I'm on a 1440p screen (have been for a bit now) and while not exactly "switching" as I'm on an AMD card, the two cards I'm paying closest attention too is the 980ti and the furyX (well the air cooled versions if they are the same) - which ever actually has the best performance (in the games I play or expect to play the most this year) will get my money - either side is an option for me and I'l go for whatever I feel is the best option for me :)

Associate
No because I'm still at 1080p xD

If I was upgrading from an older card, I would buy whichever is the fastest in the games I play. If I had a 9-series nVidia card I wouldn't bother because it's too soon to upgrade.

Soldato
see I know 295X2 isn't really enough to do what I want to do at 4K so I'm looking at £1000 budget which is probably 2 amd cards or 2 nvidia card if they drop price to counter. Either way I should get a good 50-60% more performance.

Associate
On a serious note, I am happy with games I play at the moment on 970SLI@1440p. Including mostly maxxed Witcther 3 and Ultimate settings on GTA:V. But, and I'm sure this is, but apart from most enthusiast PC tech consumers who haven't recently bought a Titan X or 980Ti, I will wait till the beginning of 2016, when things will have settled, prices will have stabilized, drivers matured, the second hand market may even be viable.

Then and only then may I look at changing, 980ti SLI is appealing, but Fury X may also be worthy. Who knows.

Turn MSAA on and watch your 970s drown

Back
Top Bottom