Fitted to the 250. Much better :)

Protects the vtx and looks better than having cable ties holding it secure

rpsma1.jpg

rpsma2.jpg

£2 well spent

Associate
Aye,

That looks much tidier and safer!

Quick video from today, nothing exciting at all just a quick flight around the lunchtime field. Just shows the lack of shakes quite well. This is on the settings in the screenshot for Luxfloat on cleanflight. To be honest, it's a little too twitchy for just cruising around. Either that or I need to dial in some expo. Or some fine motor control :)

Associate
Headplay goggles have shipped! Yay!

Can you let us all know what they are like, please? I'm quite interested due to my mental speccy script making normal goggles a bit impractical unless I get custom made inserts or chop up a pair of perfectly good lenses!

I was going to order a set but I saw a demo online and they were doing the blue screen thing when the signal went, so that kinda put me off for a bit. I don't know how old the video was and if that was pre-release firmware or if it's really even that important.

Don
Finished my little transplant.

Blade Nano QX FPV FC and camera
Rakonheli frame with 7mm arms
MMWH 7mm medium motors
500mAh battery from Hubsan H107D
Hubsan H107D props
Modified Hubsan H107L propguards

Flew it around the house last night and it flies great. The 500mAh is probably a little heavy though. Hover test from full to LVC was 9 minutes and 12 seconds.

SaePxqE.jpg

lrUdcP5.jpg

Can you let us all know what they are like, please? I'm quite interested due to my mental speccy script making normal goggles a bit impractical unless I get custom made inserts or chop up a pair of perfectly good lenses!

I was going to order a set but I saw a demo online and they were doing the blue screen thing when the signal went, so that kinda put me off for a bit. I don't know how old the video was and if that was pre-release firmware or if it's really even that important.

I will do a short review. I also wear specs so this was important for me too.
I'll be testing it with several craft including an Inspire for the HDMI input, a Blade Nano QX for Immersion frequencies and a couple of 250s for Boscam.

The blue screen issue was only on pre-production models as fas as I know.

Just a heads up, Giant Shark seems to be gone now. Stopped trading. Just had a look on there site this morning.

That's a shame.

Associate
Looks good Rilot did you manage to get the Blade Nano QX FPV FC and camera separately or have to by the Nano QX and tear it down?

Don't suppose any of you have any spare gemfan prop adapters? Just got the Surveilzone DAL props and they're too big. Don't really want to buy gemfans just for their adapter and that's if I can even find stock.

Don
Looks good Rilot did you manage to get the Blade Nano QX FPV FC and camera separately or have to by the Nano QX and tear it down?

I bought a QX FPV BNF. It seemed like the better say seeing as the VA1100 cam and vtx are £80 on their own and the QX was £110.

By the way, I highly recommend FPV Freerider if you want to practice without trashing your quad. It's awesome and the physics are spot on. You can fly stabilised or in rate mode and it supports any joysticks or transmitters that can be configured as such. I've got it running with my Taranis or Devo 7e on both PC and my Note 4.

My portable sim with Freerider. Love it.

rPioCc4.jpg

And my desktop setup. Sorry about the messy desk with all the vaping gear.

KbwefV4.jpg

Associate
Gah,

That makes me sick. I can't get it to work at all with my Taranis for some reason. I'm most disappointed. It registers the sticks, but not the correct range of movement and nothing I can fiddle with changes that.

Associate
Don't suppose any of you have any spare gemfan prop adapters? Just got the Surveilzone DAL props and they're too big. Don't really want to buy gemfans just for their adapter and that's if I can even find stock.

I *think* I might have a big bag of them kicking around in my props box as I don't use GF props anymore. I'll have a look tonight and let you know. I might have thrown them away though, I had a clear out t'other day.

Don
Gah,

That makes me sick. I can't get it to work at all with my Taranis for some reason. I'm most disappointed. It registers the sticks, but not the correct range of movement and nothing I can fiddle with changes that.

Change the weight for each channel in the mixer to 50% and the offset to +50. You want each channel so that at minimum it registers low point 0, mid-point +50 and, top +100 rather than the default -100 0 +100. It will then work fine.

Associate
Change the weight for each channel in the mixer to 50% and the offset to +50. You want each channel so that at minimum it registers low point 0, mid-point +50 and, top +100 rather than the default -100 0 +100. It will then work fine.

Yeah, tried that. Still no dice. The little circles bob up and down for the correct channels but they just jump from zero to max over a range of about 10μs from the tx, instead of moving slowly and smoothly from the bottom to the top. I suspect it's something to do with me running a v1 taranis with OpenTX and windows 7, although it does work fine in HeliX and the inputs don't jump around in the windows calibration tool.

In other news, I'm sacking off my ZMR 250 CF in favour of this I've got most of the bit's on the old 250. Just looks a bit tidier and probably a little more weather proof than the ZMR. And it's yellow, so losing it should be trickier too!

Associate
Weird.

Any chance you could ping me a copy of your .eepe file for that model?

Do you think it could be USB cable related? Seems unlikely to me, but the mobius camera is pretty sniffy about the one I use.

Soldato
Yeah, tried that. Still no dice. The little circles bob up and down for the correct channels but they just jump from zero to max over a range of about 10μs from the tx, instead of moving slowly and smoothly from the bottom to the top. I suspect it's something to do with me running a v1 taranis with OpenTX and windows 7, although it does work fine in HeliX and the inputs don't jump around in the windows calibration tool.

In other news, I'm sacking off my ZMR 250 CF in favour of this I've got most of the bit's on the old 250. Just looks a bit tidier and probably a little more weather proof than the ZMR. And it's yellow, so losing it should be trickier too!

Never got it working with my taranis either,it bored me trying to get it to work which annoyed me and it lost browney points.

Maybe try again when I have time. But my life at the moment doesn't bode well on time

What I found is one persons "values/settings" didn't work for others.

If anyone has a working taranis file though would be willing to try

Back
Top Bottom