• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TRIO OF WEEKEND BLOODY SILLY PRICES!! **

Associate
I remember you from when I was selling my AOC Gsync monitor. I held out for a fiver more from the other guy, just for your cheek! :p

Anyway, enough of the hilarity here, I'm debating whether to part with 500 hard earned!

Ach, it's a great deal but having invested in the 980 I really need to stick to my guns and hold out for Pascal. By that time I won't care what the 980 sells for as I'll have had my money's worth. Plus, it really is holding its own with the Swift.

Still, well done Gibbo on such a fantastic deal on this 980ti.

I'm thinking the same, stick with it. I will buy the Swift though.

Soldato
regardless of how good the fury is you got a bargain :D

Oh I know. I wanted to wait until AMD had their say, but the price and the fact that the cards are trading blows was enough to make a choice.

£5 cashbook also helps. If I get a Batman then I can get a refund on my order from greenmangaming too for another £21!

Only question really is if I'm going to bother with my watercooling plans or just leave it all stock

Not sure how zotac will know if you remove the cooler or not, unless they've put a sticker somewhere..

Only potential question now is, is this a business expense.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone have any idea if the coolers on the zotacs are good for sli with a 1 slot gap? I have a couple of reference gtx780tis at the minute but worry about the three fans on the upper card sucking up a lot of heat from the lower card.

Caporegime
Does anyone have any idea if the coolers on the zotacs are good for sli with a 1 slot gap? I have a couple of reference gtx780tis at the minute but worry about the three fans on the upper card sucking up a lot of heat from the lower card.

For sli ideally you want ref coolers that pump heat out the back of the case :)

Associate
Just wait then...mark my words the ti will drop when fury hits...

Gosh, I soo hope you are right, I've been waiting for the perfect moment to upgrade for a whole year.

Why would it drop? It's a new graphic card (ti). I doubt it. NVidia won't drop the price of ti. They already dropped 970/980.
When 290/290x was released 780 didn't move at all. Prices stayed the same till 970/980 came out (not talking about special 20/30£ deals).

Soldato
Why would it drop? It's a new graphic card (ti). I doubt it. NVidia won't drop the price of ti.

I can't see it dropping either. However, I can see it starting to appear for below £550 on 'this week only' style deals from OCUK and other retailers. In general it's the patient who save money and I've no doubt the same will happen here. Just depends on how long you need to be patient for.

Caporegime
The thing is nvidia set an artificially high UK MRSP. The price is set at $649 which is £499 in vat in UK but nvidia set it at £549 to some strange reason.

Hence after fury release I can see all to dropping to 500 which is what they always should be.

As far as a know amd have only set a worldwide dollar mrsp of $649 for the furyx so once stock issues settle the furyx is going to be 50 quid cheaper than the standard ti and £100 cheaper than a Ti with a custom cooler.. So dead easy from nvidia to drop the price of the ti by 50 quid in Europe to price match without it actually costing them anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing is nvidia set an artificially high UK MRSP. The to is set at $649 which is £499 in vat in UK but nvidia set it at £549 to some strange reason.

Hence after fury release I can see all to dropping to 500 which is what they a
Ways should be.

As far as a know amd have only set a worldwide dollar mrsp of 649 for the furyx so once stock issues settle the furyx is going to be 50 quid cheaper than the ti. So dead easy fromnvidia to drop the price of the to by 50 quid in Europe to price !match

For reference maybe, aftermarket coolers will still see a premium usually, so this is a great price for an aftermarket card whichever way you look at it

UK prices are always a bit higher than dollars plus vat, you can usually add in the cost of US shipping to UK and still only be the same price as buying in the UK

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh I know. I wanted to wait until AMD had their say, but the price and the fact that the cards are trading blows was enough to make a choice.

£5 cashbook also helps. If I get a Batman then I can get a refund on my order from greenmangaming too for another £21!

Only question really is if I'm going to bother with my watercooling plans or just leave it all stock

Not sure how zotac will know if you remove the cooler or not, unless they've put a sticker somewhere..

Only potential question now is, is this a business expense.

Rich has said this before

no sticker you can do it just make sure you don't thread any screws and you keep them all. but if it has a warranty sticker then the chances are they will check for it.

Caporegime
For reference maybe, aftermarket coolers will still see a premium usually, so this is a great price for an aftermarket card whichever way you look at it

UK prices are always a bit higher than dollars plus vat, you can usually add in the cost of US shipping to UK and still only be the same price as buying in the UK

Not quite true. A lot of products are an exact conversion of us dollar price plus vat. And what cost of us shipping? They arent made in the states you know ;)

Stranglely Nvidia set a separate Uk/Europe MSRP to its dollar price for the rest of the world.

As far as I know AMD just sets a world dollar MSRP for theirs.

But yeah this is an aftermarket one which is normally £50 more than the reference price of £549 so yeah at £500, it is a good deal.

But my point is valid, Nvidia has plenty of scope to drop the European MSRP of the reference 980Ti from £549 to £500 which will give them the same price as the rest of the world which will then make no standard cooler versions £549 again.

Soldato
Not quite true. A lot of products are an exact conversion of us dollar price plus vat. And what cost of us shipping? They arent made in the states you know ;)

Stranglely Nvidia set a separate Uk/Europe MSRP to its dollar price for the rest of the world.

As far as I know AMD just sets a world dollar MSRP for theirs.

But yeah this is an aftermarket one which is normally £50 more than the reference price of £549 so yeah at £500, it is a good deal.

But my point is valid, Nvidia has plenty of scope to drop the European MSRP of the reference 980Ti from £549 to £500 which will give them the same price as the rest of the world which will then make no standard cooler versions £549 again.

I'm looking at a lot of products on a US site that ships to the UK. It is basically the same price to order from the US, pay US>UK shipping for one order and then pay the customs prices, for a lot of stuff. I'm not saying stuff is made in the US I'm saying that is how much cheaper it usually is in the US.

big UK retailers like OCUK buy their stuff direct from the AIB's in dollar pricing anyway, so the prices you see on UK retailers are set by UK retailers, they can just get away with pricing things a bit higher

you only have to look at OCUK's owner's website, caseking.de to see EU pricing is lower than UK, e.g. the gigabyte G1 980ti is in stock over there and works out about £580 including shipping to UK, but then Gigabyte will also make you send it back to Germany before they will look at a warranty claim, which is what held me off ordering one

the current UK pricing on the 980ti has got nothing to do with Nvidia's MSRP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom