Xenoblade Chronicles

Soldato
I'm about 8 hours into it. Does Shulk ever get to use anything else but the same Monado? Does it get upgraded or anything?

Hankering for new weapons with gems etc etc....

Soldato
OP
If people have gotten to Spiral Valley there is a level 90 monster there called Immovable Gonzales, I'm at level 83 so will give him a try today.

I'm just grinding at the moment, on the weekend will spend time doing all the quests I haven't done (very few) and then progress the story

Soldato
I've seen him - he's not called immovable for nothing. I'm only L29 or so - I'm nowhere near capable of taking him on - although I'm addicted to doing quests right now - quite rewarding, so it's all good.

Soldato
OP
I've seen him - he's not called immovable for nothing. I'm only L29 or so - I'm nowhere near capable of taking him on - although I'm addicted to doing quests right now - quite rewarding, so it's all good.

I would recommend using a guide and just blasting through them and then continuing on with story.
Then bit further down the line do the same thing.

The quests get very samey and boring after a while

Associate
Having had a chance to play some more of this game I'm finally getting the hang of it ... and enjoying it a lot more now. Looks like those people saying it's a slow burner are correct. Really is a lot of depth to the game mechanics. It's quite amazing a game of this scope has been squeezed on to a handheld device.

Soldato
OP
I've got about 5 more quests to do then I need to clear the
Mechonis Core
and then I can finish the rest.

I'm around level 89-92.

I'll try and finish the
Core
this week, and then spend time doing the final quests and then power through the game.

Soldato
OP
As boring as the sidequests can be, just do them
I used a guide for the sidequests, they add very little to the story so I wasn't concerned

Soldato
5hrs in on wii u, first time playing this and as above the sidequests add nothing to the story, they literally complete themselves as you play and kill things and they auto-complete so no need to hand them in. Its just this games take on grinding imo, gives you nice exp rather than just killing monsters over and over to level up!

Love it so far, only downside is the constart party chatter during a fight! This may not be present in the 3ds one as it may have been tweaked but in this they dont shut up lol! Constantly saying the same lines over the top of each other and theres no option to mute it

Soldato
OP
Love it so far, only downside is the constart party chatter during a fight! This may not be present in the 3ds one as it may have been tweaked but in this they dont shut up lol! Constantly saying the same lines over the top of each other and theres no option to mute it

Oh there is no way to turn it off in the 3DS version.

Always remember, it's Ryen time

Soldato
Oh there is no way to turn it off in the 3DS version.

Always remember, it's Ryen time

"Its ryen ti..""Yea.." "what a bunch of jokers.." "its ryen time.."

lol all while fighting the most basic enemies

Doesnt help that the voice acting is overall utter **** but thats the jrpg way :D

Back
Top Bottom