New top gear lineup..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
which is exactly the reason that a contract should be flying through brewers letterbox.

perfect for the job.

Man of Honour
BBC seem to have missed why people watch Top Gear.

It isn't about the cars, it is about blokey banter and bonhomie. Stick a women into the mix and that is destroyed.

Unless it's Megan Fox in thigh boots, that's OK every week....she doesn't even need to speak.

Caporegime
Whilst he's a marmite character, I actually think Evans could bring a lot to TG, he's unquestionably an out & out car / motor freak, the feature TG themselves did with May driving his Ferrari underlined this IMO, also, his part in the recent Dambusters anniversary, he has a huge love of engines, be it in a Ferrari or an Avro Lancaster!

Who he has around him will be what makes it sink or swim I think, who they will be though, I don't know.

I'm looking forward to it, the old TG was getting a bit stale IMO (although the last series up until the JC incident was much improved I thought) I hope the new show is just that, new, and does not try to emulate the old one, that won't work and it'll be on another channel in all but name anyway at a guess.

Soldato
Natalie Pinkham?

Top Gear: Formula 1 presenter Natalie Pinkham in pole position to join Chris Evans

Natalie Pinkham is in pole position to join Chris Evans on Top Gear following a flurry of bets.

The Sky Sports F1 presenter looks to be nearing ever closer to the driving seat after bookmakers Ladbrokes cut her odds of joining the new-look show from 8/1 last week to just 6/4 today.

Punters have been piling into Pinkham over the last week but one presenter they're not keen on is Dermot O'Leary, who this morning ruled himself out of the job .

Associate
Punters have been piling into Pinkham over the last week

I re-read that a few times to make sure it said what I thought it did.

Ive heard daft rumours about the grid going through her, but punters is another thing altogether! :D

Associate
They may as well transfer the cast of the one show or country file over for all that its worth. Now that Clarkson etc have left, the show has lost what made it appealing in the first place, not the cars but 3 best friends having stupid amounts of fun with the kind of budgets most can only dream of.

BBC could hire the two greatest presenters <clarkson_voice>in the world</clarkson_voice>, but I don't think they will be able to form the same kind of report that the other 3 had. It takes many years to create that sort of deep genuine friendship.

Soldato
They may as well transfer the cast of the one show or country file over for all that its worth. Now that Clarkson etc have left, the show has lost what made it appealing in the first place, not the cars but 3 best friends having stupid amounts of fun with the kind of budgets most can only dream of.

BBC could hire the two greatest presenters <clarkson_voice>in the world</clarkson_voice>, but I don't think they will be able to form the same kind of report that the other 3 had. It takes many years to create that sort of deep genuine friendship.

THIS - it quite literally sums up the shows appeal. Seeing them galavanting across the globe clearly having the most amazing time together was fantastic. Its a whole package with those three hence why Richard and James walked.

Chris Evans is a good guy and clearly loves his cars and deserves support from all of us but sadly (and not unsurprisingly) there are not many out there that actually think any degree of magic can be reclaimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom