• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How many have now bought 980Ti because of Fury X release

Associate
I picked up a 980Ti yesterday after the review embargo was lifted. It's my first shift to the green team since... Geforce 4! :eek:

My feeling is that it will just be smoother at 4k, AMD may catch up with driver optimisations etc over the next 6 months but in the mean time I'll be enjoying my current card. I'd imagine 12 months from now there will be 2nd Gen HBM cards doing better, and I'll want to upgrade again for driving 4k+ resolutions.

Associate
I went with the Evga 980ti after reading the reviews. To be honest I was kind of wanting an Nvidia card anyway as my last few cards have been:

7950 crossfire (current set up)

Fancied a change but wanted to wait to see what AMD had to offer.

Associate
Thats not really going to help because I cant see there being any DX12 games in a months time so would you not be better off saying

"waiting for Windows 10 and enough DX12 games released to warrant a choice" ?

AMD drivers on windows 10 give a noticeable performance boost so it seems like they run more efficiently on the new OS alone regardless of DX12.

Associate
Bought 2 x 980 Ti after the E3 reveal. I figured they either had the world's worst marketing division or they had nothing of comparative worth to offer. Either way, it didn't make me want to give them any money for such a lacklustre, awful performance and made me lose any faith in them as a company. I'll give them another chance when the next generation arrives, as per usual.

And now I feel vindicated in my decision.

Last edited:
Associate
The MSI cards land at OcUK tomorrow :cool:

Are there any reviews of this card out yet? I have the MSI 970, and I love it because it's so quiet (and silent outside of gaming, as the fans spin down.)

Was wondering if the same could be achieved on a much bigger chip like the 980ti has..?

Associate
Grabbed a Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1 two days ago after 2 weeks of trying to find stock. I wasn't in the slightest bit concerned that AMD would turnout a better card as I haven't seen any significant offerings from AMD for quite a few years now.

I really wish they would as Nvidia have got carried away with their prices.

Associate
Yes I think I read your post yesterday? unbelievable that they would do that to get your order "disgusting"

What was really bad was that I called this other company the day before; I have a managed account as i'm a buyer for an IT company. I asked if they could confirm they had stock of the Fury, the guy on the phone told me he was unable to tell me anything at all because of NDA. I left it at that and decided I would wait until 1PM on the 24th.

At 1 PM, I saw the OcUK price and immediately switched tabs to "other company" they had stock at a good price, I instantly purchased 1and had no need to add payment details as we have an account. I then called them to make sure they had the order and that I would get the card next day. They confirmed and then for the rest of the afternoon I started to get buyer’s remorse as I started to read the reviews.

Then at 7PM I get an email to tell me my order is delayed as they have been waiting on stock since the 22nd. So this morning I called them and asked how could they still be waiting on stock when it appeared online and was confirmed over the phone that everything was OK. I was told that they had run out of allocation and those that had pre-ordered got theirs first. I asked how did anyone pre-order as I was unable to talk to anyone about it before 1PM due to NDA and I ordered instantly. They were not able to answer my question. I then voided the order and have told my sales team that we are no longer using "other company".

Sorry for the rant, but over the past few days I have seen people battering OcUK and I felt like pointing out that actually, other companies can also be complete ****

Soldato
Held off upgrading for months waiting for the fury x and its just a bit disappointing. also i dont like the AIO cooler as i wouldnt be able to add it to my loop and from what ive read about hbm being increadibly fragile it doesnt seem like there would have been any full cover blocks for a long time if ever

Ended up turning to the green team for the first time ever

Back
Top Bottom