Biking Do's & Don'ts

Caporegime
Things (imo) you should and shouldn't do if you a biker

you should never ever clutchless shift,not if you care about your beloved machine:D

you should never ever be seen on a motorbike out in public wearing one of these either
23uwkg2.jpg

you should always leave your bike in first when stationary at the lights,it makes you more of a man

try to take atleast one car mirror out daily,when filtering through traffic

if on a long journey and your out in the wilds of the wilderness don't stop to take a #1 or #2 just go while your still riding the bike,its what real men do:p

Caporegime
OP
Surely something annoys you when your out on the road?

Like jumped up little upstarts on triumph triples:p

And quad bikes,don't get those either,unless your a farmer with a couple of acres

Last edited:
Soldato
Since when did you turn into a troll wazza? :p

My addition would be lube your chain with Castrol stuff, it's awesome

And don't let men in crappy little red Vauxhalls worth less than your rear tyre knock you off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't assume riding a bike makes you a man... or brag about what real men do - People will just think you're protesting too much and a girlie biker will likely come along to put you to shame soon after anyway! :D

Caporegime
OP
Seems ibe struck a raw nerve with this clutchless shifting malarky

There's no skill in it at all tho,its easy the skill comes in using a clutch

I think you watch to many YouTube videos and think ahh that's cool I'll try that

Last edited:
Soldato
How does the skill come in using the clutch? lol its a fairly obvious method everyone and their dog knows, clutch in change up a gear, clutch out and back on the throttle...
The real skill is clutchless shifting, you have to roll off the throttle quick enough whilst putting enough pressure on the pedal ready to shift up as soon as there is no loan on the gearbox then back on the throttle, all in the space of a second or faster depending on how good you are ;)

Soldato
I think it's the fact he can't do it properly and thinks he's damaging his gearbox then has to 'spread the word'.

I've done clutchless upshifts since my 125cc days, and I will continue doing them.. both up and down... because I can

Soldato
I find it easy no skill in doing that

And thats fair enough you are entitled to your opinion :p

But lets all be honest the benefits are minuscule, were talking hundreds of a second, its not really going to make any difference on the road, just willy waving, but its tried tested and proven many times how beneficial actual quick shifters are on track lap times though, that you cant dispute, being able to hold the throttle wide open and change gears in mili seconds, that you cant beat no matter how fast you think you are.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I think it's the fact he can't do it properly and thinks he's damaging his gearbox then has to 'spread the word'.

I've done clutchless upshifts since my 125cc days, and I will continue doing them.. both up and down... because I can

But its gay tho

On the track then yh but road riding its a waste of time

Do whatever you want I just wouldn't do it to my machines

Back
Top Bottom