*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
Good fun on trials with dredd and turbo, first time I've had a proper crack at it.

First up we just got murdered. Second run we started competing, some close runs 5-4 losses, fourth round I think it was we started to click and were starting to put beats down on guys with lighthouse emblems. Quite satisfying getting better through practice, huge amount is just knowing the map inside out.

Got the boots for the sake of it, even though the warlock ones are poop. Oh well, net time!

Need to get my fast response gear levelled up.

Soldato
I've meet a lot of people on LFG that had lightouse emblems that where horrible players. ITs not too hard too get lucky and get carried. One thing I noticed is last week I palyed Monday night and it was soo easy, I went 9-1 then 9-0, maybe 3 matches where close the rest we sweeped them 5-0 without any issues.

Associate
Good fun on trials with dredd and turbo, first time I've had a proper crack at it.

First up we just got murdered. Second run we started competing, some close runs 5-4 losses, fourth round I think it was we started to click and were starting to put beats down on guys with lighthouse emblems. Quite satisfying getting better through practice, huge amount is just knowing the map inside out.

Got the boots for the sake of it, even though the warlock ones are poop. Oh well, net time!

Need to get my fast response gear levelled up.

Was good fun :D map knowledge is a big help and only played this one once before for the grimore card so it takes some time to get to know the routes. It's definitely a case of give it some time, and stick with it as was shown the more you play the better you do and the more you gell as a team. Oh well try again later today :p

Caporegime
Was good fun :D map knowledge is a big help and only played this one once before for the grimore card so it takes some time to get to know the routes. It's definitely a case of give it some time, and stick with it as was shown the more you play the better you do and the more you gell as a team. Oh well try again later today :p

I'll be on tomorrow if you fancy a few runs.

I have the perfect gear on my hunter now. Plus my Party Crasher (365) and Messenger are fully levelled.

Soldato
Ahh so close too the lighthouse, going 8-0 everything is good, then we spawn into the next game 1 kid quits right away cause he doesn't need the lighthouse, didn't tell us before hand. No worries where up 2-0 against the other team, bam lag switch everything goes from all greens to all reds, then its 2-2, then we pull ahead again 3-2 both off us have supers, they have nothing left, bam red again, contacting destiny, game starts but for some reason my team mate is already dead, I quickly res him 4-2. Then another lag switch and everyone got kicked. >.<

Soldato
Man that sucks!

I should hopefully be on tomorrow night if you want another pop at it. Had a couple days "off" from the game after raging out on the crucible (seriously how can I use my super on someone, they NOT die yet kill me... re-spawn and no super thus I used it?! WTF?!).

Soldato
Ahh so close too the lighthouse, going 8-0 everything is good, then we spawn into the next game 1 kid quits right away cause he doesn't need the lighthouse, didn't tell us before hand. No worries where up 2-0 against the other team, bam lag switch everything goes from all greens to all reds, then its 2-2, then we pull ahead again 3-2 both off us have supers, they have nothing left, bam red again, contacting destiny, game starts but for some reason my team mate is already dead, I quickly res him 4-2. Then another lag switch and everyone got kicked. >.<

You just playing with LFG groups? Many decent players about? I only tried it once and it was a couple guys that never play PvP :/

Caporegime
You just playing with LFG groups? Many decent players about? I only tried it once and it was a couple guys that never play PvP :/

I wouldn't play with randomers unless your really bad. I tried it once and it wasn't good. Good players tend to add other good players to their friends list so that they can group up. So most randomers are bad.

Caporegime

someone on reddit or bungie forums said make sure your wired it helps against the DOS attacks. someone then stated that was a load of rubbish but you never know being wired is better anyway.

sounds like you got overloaded rather than lag switched. lag switch is when they can magically revive team mates without being near them. you see them running into walls then your magically dead.

most of the cheaters have been banned but we got 1 last weekend 0 the weekend before.

you should record the game (share button on ps4) and then send it to bungie to get them banned. i don't know if the in game report function actually does anything as a lot of people report others who are simply better than them.

Last edited:
Soldato
someone on reddit or bungie forums said make sure your wired it helps against the DOS attacks. someone then stated that was a load of rubbish but you never know being wired is better anyway.

sounds like you got overloaded rather than lag switched. lag switch is when they can magically revive team mates without being near them. you see them running into walls then your magically dead.

most of the cheaters have been banned but we got 1 last weekend 0 the weekend before.

you should record the game (share button on ps4) and then send it to bungie to get them banned. i don't know if the in game report function actually does anything as a lot of people report others who are simply better than them.

I've also been wired, I found the PS4 WiFi is next too useless. My router is 10feet below, I get 100% connection, my PS3 maxes the connection speed out, PS4 was getting 7mb down maybe.

But yeah it was really weird, the game didn't lag as such but every loading screen took like 1 minute, and all sorts of weird things happened. I saved the game so I will try that. I'm sure they have done it before cause they all had been to the lighthouse and their skill level was horrible. I managed to kill all 3 twice and my team mate did it twice too. HE almost won on his own, but they had supers and used 1 each round. I'm not too annoyed as I got my boots and rocket and had some fun while doing it.

Overall, this map wasn't too bad, if your Alpha you get too the inside faster, if your bravo you get too the outside quicker, the map isn't too big, and the capture point spawns outside.

The funniest game I had was 2 self res + titan using bubbles to get supers. The first round they literally just hide the whole round to save up their bubbles, did the same thing for half of the 2nd round then started attacking us with all supers. Was amazing since they where really bad at the game, I would just stay back and aim at their heads with a sniper they walk out boom. Last round was the best they all where inside the bubble waiting for super, pop my blade dance, walk in and kill them all as they just watched.

Soldato
Anyone around tonight for some poe on ps4? Haven't had time to run any yet this week so going to try and run 32 and 34 on all 3 chars but would rather get people from here than lfg.

Back
Top Bottom