Poll: *** Google Nexus 6 ***

Which colour & memory size are you going to get?

• White - 32GB

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Blue - 32GB

Votes: 77 36.3%
  • White - 64GB

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Blue - 64GB

Votes: 66 31.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
I think they flashed mine with the latest firmware. I'm guessing that's standard with any repairs.

Surely CPW can give you a more precise quote? I doubt it would be much (if at all) cheaper than £128.

Associate
I think they flashed mine with the latest firmware. I'm guessing that's standard with any repairs.

Surely CPW can give you a more precise quote? I doubt it would be much (if at all) cheaper than £128.

I wouldn't expect CW to be cheaper, I'd just feel better not having to spend a ton on postal insurance and all that hassle. As for being rooted I guess I'll just send it as is after taking a nandroid backup, if they're going to unroot then they can do it. If it's an in-house repair maybe I can persuade them to leave it alone, who knows?

Man of Honour
Arrggghhhh!

Had to send my Note 4 back to Samsung due to a fault and just got the refund today, but rather annoyingly I'm considering the Nexus 6 again, love most of the N6, only thing that I didn't was the screen brightness, can I do this again????

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure? :p :D

Soldato
Measurement of brightness on OLED's is a bit more complex the the usual LCD screen.

Look up APL - http://www.anandtech.com/show/8795/understanding-brightness-in-amoled-and-lcd-displays

In short the brightness of the whites on a screen depends on how much content on the screen is white. More white less overall brightness. Less white, the white's will be brighter. So depends on what APL they measured the brightness. Note 4 is noticeably brighter at 100% for sure.

For me I hardly go above 50% unless im outdoors. Indoors I'm between 15-50%. And 5 to -25% in low light.

Man of Honour
Measurement of brightness on OLED's is a bit more complex the the usual LCD screen.

Look up APL - http://www.anandtech.com/show/8795/understanding-brightness-in-amoled-and-lcd-displays

In short the brightness of the whites on a screen depends on how much content on the screen is white. More white less overall brightness. Less white, the white's will be brighter. So depends on what APL they measured the brightness. Note 4 is noticeably brighter at 100% for sure.

For me I hardly go above 50% unless im outdoors. Indoors I'm between 15-50%. And 5 to -25% in low light.

Thanks mate :) surprising you have it so low indoors, maybe it's just my tired old eyes :D

Associate
I am using the stock app. But I guess I need to change. So when I send a text to more than one person it converts to MMS

Messenger > Menu button > Settings > Advanced > Click on 'Group messaging' and select 'Send individual SMS messages to all recipients. Only you will get any replies'.

Optional:
I like to then scroll down and ensure that, for 'SMS delivery reports', 'Request a delivery report for each SMS that you send' is highlighted.

Soldato
Messenger > Menu button > Settings > Advanced > Click on 'Group messaging' and select 'Send individual SMS messages to all recipients. Only you will get any replies'.

Optional:
I like to then scroll down and ensure that, for 'SMS delivery reports', 'Request a delivery report for each SMS that you send' is highlighted.

I don't have that option ... Advanced does not have it.

Associate
That's great but every other network has supported this for years.

Indeed, O2 literally just got HD Voice so it's normal for them to be years behind. Their 3G is way behind too. I'm noticing a pattern here...

Yeah it's a massive ballache to type every time. I'm leaving O2 when my contract is done but to be honest they're all owned by the same people anyway now.

Back
Top Bottom