*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
You know what's mint?

Typing an email for 15 minutes, then going to attach a file and the phones ram management shuts the goddamn email app down so I've got a file but no bleedin email...

WTF!!

Not having a good day with this thing.

Soldato
Why have you assumed I used the French firmware? This was for the S6 Edge by the way.

The one I downloaded was UK/IRE :)

2015-06-22
United Kingdom / Ireland
G925FXXU2BOFJ
G925FOXA2BOFJ

Ah right, thought you had the standard S6 (5.1.1 for unlocked versions has only been released in France so far!)

Soldato
You guys simply have to buy a Spigen Neo Hybrid with metallized buttons. It feels so nice and comfortable to hold, really premium quality. The textured back gives an extra bit of grip and feels good and the sides which I worried might be a bit slippery give decent grip. The buttons are amazing, very easy to press; clicky and responsive. Looks the dogs danglies too. I love it. Cost £17.99. I imagine most of the Spigen range would be nice tbh.

I've got a Caseology case on it's way, similar price. I'll let you know how that is too with pics. Should be here soon.

Associate
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has tested the rear camera out with group shots? I've noticed that the edges of the picture are being stretched. You can tell when people stand closer to the edge of the picture. I'm in auto mode.

Soldato
You guys simply have to buy a Spigen Neo Hybrid with metallized buttons. It feels so nice and comfortable to hold, really premium quality. The textured back gives an extra bit of grip and feels good and the sides which I worried might be a bit slippery give decent grip. The buttons are amazing, very easy to press; clicky and responsive. Looks the dogs danglies too. I love it. Cost £17.99. I imagine most of the Spigen range would be nice tbh.

I've got a Caseology case on it's way, similar price. I'll let you know how that is too with pics. Should be here soon.

Got one arriving today for the edge

Let us know how the caseology one is

Soldato
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has tested the rear camera out with group shots? I've noticed that the edges of the picture are being stretched. You can tell when people stand closer to the edge of the picture. I'm in auto mode.

That's what any wide-angle lens does. It's nothing to do with the software. Just stand a little further back so people aren't right at the edge of the photo.

Associate

Didn't like it, adds too much bulk to the phone and the raised rim around the display is quite annoying.

Soldato

Slight fisheye from the wide aperture. Worth the trade off, so don't worry about it.

Associate
Been having with the camera yet again. swapped the first S6 as the camera wouldn't focus, now i got the image stabilization causing vibrations and getting stuck. Moving the camera you can hear it knocking against something feels like its been knocked out of its place!

Soldato
Ffs got to use the Bluetooth in the car for pretty much the first time today.

Buggy, crashed phone and the car BT. Samsung every time you make garbage BT when everyone else has no problem.

My S2,S4 and now S6 completely useless BT. Ffs.

Hate this phone. Complete garbage.

Soldato
Got the neo hybrid. Really slick

Nice, glad you like it! :)

So I got more case mail today, from the USA and UK. Hmm. what's inside?

image.jpg

Oh :cool:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is the Caseology Wavelength. Another stunning looking case consisting of two components; TPU in blue and a gold polycarbonate shell which feels like metal. Feels really solid and excellent quality. Buttons are very silent and responsive though not as clicky as the Spigen. It's also a little thicker than the Spigen by maybe a millimetre or less. Fairly grippy back to it. Sides are smooth and not overly grippy but decent enough. Quite tricky to install on the phone, very tight fit, might be easier if I'd have separated the two pieces. But it feels superb in the hand.

Full gallery here http://postimg.org/gallery/1wk3e8m1q/

Associate
Ffs got to use the Bluetooth in the car for pretty much the first time today.

Buggy, crashed phone and the car BT. Samsung every time you make garbage BT when everyone else has no problem.

My S2,S4 and now S6 completely useless BT. Ffs.

Hate this phone. Complete garbage.

I was worried about the BT performance, however I can honestly say it has been flawless with my in car BT system.

If you have had issues with the S2,S4 and S6 maybe it's down to the car BT? :)

Soldato
My bt has been flawless with my hive speaker and bt headphones, lost 2% on standby last night, didn't plug it in as it was at 98% when I went to bed and ten hours later it was96%.

Back
Top Bottom