Biking Do's & Don'ts

Soldato
Don't, for the love of ****ing God, wear your helmet on the top of your head like a cap when talking to friends or paying for Petrol. Take it off, put it on. You look like an absolute prat and chav.

Soldato
i say this is a dont, mainly because its kids on 125s and they will soon get a saxo with a big boy exhaust.
50cc Peds, maybe... But the vast majority on 125s are simply new riders of all ages (Born Agains being currently in season).

Then again, it's also Summer and the number who don't recognise The Nod is increasing...

Soldato
I had a couple of guys pass me the other day where one of them stuck his leg right out at me and the other gave me a flick of his hand off the throttle.

Just go with a nod guys! :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
i say this is a dont, mainly because its kids on 125s and they will soon get a saxo with a big boy exhaust.

Only chavs in tracksuits, the people with gear usually get a bigger bike afterwards. I'm planning on soon getting a Duke 690, ER6-N or Yamah XJ6N :cool:
Just need to do my A2 :o

I had a couple of guys pass me the other day where one of them stuck his leg right out at me and the other gave me a flick of his hand off the throttle.

Just go with a nod guys! :p

Putting your left hand up to greet another biker is what's most commonly used around the world.

Last edited:
Soldato
Putting your left hand up to greet another biker is what's most commonly used around the world.
Actually... the leg-out thing is something we've imported from overseas.
Usually it's bikes overtaking you on your left/Continental/wrong side, when you can't really see a left-hand wave.
Here it's easier to just raise the left hand as you overtake a bike, or nod as you pass an oncoming.

Thumbs down usually denotes a hazard ahead for the oncoming, while a fist (thumb down) atop the head indicates cops and pointing diagonally upward warns of a speed camera.
Extended arm with hand opening and closing means you left yer indicator on!

There are others, but fewer people recognise them these days...

Soldato

What? Don't talk BS, everyone had to do a CBT and 90% will be on L plates until they take a test, don't tar all riders with the same brush because you see the odd kid on a 125.

One

One

Soldato
Don't, for the love of ****ing God, wear your helmet on the top of your head like a cap when talking to friends or paying for Petrol. Take it off, put it on. You look like an absolute prat and chav.

I leave mine on when I pay for petrol. Nobodies ever said anything.

One

One

Soldato
50cc Peds, maybe... But the vast majority on 125s are simply new riders of all ages (Born Agains being currently in season).

Then again, it's also Summer and the number who don't recognise The Nod is increasing...

I don't really get the nod. I do it but I don't really know why. When did it start? Did T. E. Lawrence and Steve McQueen used to nod to each other or something?

Soldato
Actually... the leg-out thing is something we've imported from overseas.
Usually it's bikes overtaking you on your left/Continental/wrong side, when you can't really see a left-hand wave.
Here it's easier to just raise the left hand as you overtake a bike, or nod as you pass an oncoming.

Thumbs down usually denotes a hazard ahead for the oncoming, while a fist (thumb down) atop the head indicates cops and pointing diagonally upward warns of a speed camera.
Extended arm with hand opening and closing means you left yer indicator on!

There are others, but fewer people recognise them these days...

I've always thought a patting the top of your helmet was the sight for the po-po. Same thing I suppose.

Anyway - do's and don'ts: In this weather, DO filter to to the front of traffic lights. Sod sitting in traffic when you're getting roasted from the bike and the sun!! :D

And DO enjoy the warm, sticky rubber as the tarmac heats up nicely :cool:

Back
Top Bottom