Ghetto room cooling

Soldato
Not quite ghetto, needs re-gassing though

NBW3d9_GHhcxsud7h1q1GI0HW96JD9cYc0aD9lYOsiQ=w576

Soldato
Make adjoining large cupboard very hot, leave the door open between, then shut after 5 minutes. Voila, your room is now cooler thanks to Thermodynamics.

(Yes, it will probably be a difference of a single decimal place and yes, the heat will be felt from the cupboard. :p)

Caporegime
Actually tempted to break out my portable AC unit, not used it since I moved in, one reason being sash windows in my old place is great for a portable AC unit, more usual double glazed side opening units are harder to deal with when it comes to sealing up the windows. Also the living space where I use my computer is about 2.5 times the size it used to be so not going to be as effective :p

The one thing about the apartment I'm in that rocks is an overhanging balcony so sun isn't directly on the south facing wall and it's dual aspect. Two decent sized windows on east facing wall along with 2 giant doors(about 1.5x2m) sliding doors in the south facing wall so I get a fantastic flow of air. I am stuck with the air temp outside but it does mean that extra heat from inside the flat is dumped near instantly, having the oven on or tv doesn't change the room temp as the air moves through so well.

28.5c inside, a bit warm but not too bad, but lovely breeze and not overly humid.

Looking for a place to buy and design wise a house that has good airflow for allowing heat out in summer is one of the main things I'm looking for. Stuck for years in a house without enough windows, with dead airflow.... never again.

Soldato
I have a poor man's air conditioner, it's basically a unit that has a fan at the top and a water reservoir at the base, and a rotating towel on rollers slowly rotates damp towel in front of the fan and then back down into the reservoir to resoak with more water.

Soldato
What about butchering a small freezer for the electronics and some elements, whack that in a cool box with a fan

Would be pretty pointless unless you figured out a way to exhaust the heat from the hot part of the freezer, otherwise the room would get hotter not cooler!!

Back
Top Bottom