ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Soldato
It appears that the old thread has been deleted, for reasons that I am unaware (please advise otherwise, should I be incapable of using the search function correctly).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33358267

Fallon remarking that it is illogical that we are not striking ISIL locations within Syrian borders and I agree. Looks like it's down to a vote in commons so should labour be onboard it may well happen, which I believe is likely.

Caporegime
It appears that the old thread has been deleted, for reasons that I am unaware (please advise otherwise, should I be incapable of using the search function correctly).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33358267

Fallon remarking that it is illogical that we are not striking ISIL locations within Syrian borders and I agree. Looks like it's down to a vote in commons so should labour be onboard it may well happen, which I believe is likely.

They'd prefer assads regime to be replaced by ISIS than to have assads regime retake control of the country.

Same business as usual, either go to war for all the wrong reasons, or stay out of it for all the wrong reasons

Soldato
OP
What could we do that couldn't be done by the states currently bombing Syria?

I reckon it's just a matter of increased number of strike assets in Syrian air space. At this time we are only striking in Iraq. No point bombing the many tentacles when you can target the mind. However, innocent lives are going to be in the middle of it all no doubt..
They'd prefer assads regime to be replaced by ISIS than to have assads regime retake control of the country.

Same business as usual, either go to war for all the wrong reasons, or stay out of it for all the wrong reasons

That really is not the mission objective.

Soldato
Just ******* in the wind. The only way to sort the problem would be to nuke the whole region and ban all religion.~
Of course that will never happen so I expect this to go on for decades.

Soldato
Yes I have but he has a lot of fans on here who will agree with that statement.

Then they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

What's to disagree with? Biggest loss of British life in a terrorist incident since 7/7. Why can't people show their respects?

He is pathetic. Jumps on board anything front page just for attention.

Caporegime
That really is not the mission objective.
The mission objective is.

No bombing in syria if the assad regime may benefit from t.

it's not even secret they've openly told us

When difficult decisions are analysed by smart **** know-it-alls with hindsight, every decision is always for the wrong reasons.
You may remember me from such threads as the libya thread saying how it was wrong to bomb gaddafi ;)

Didn't need hindsight then and don't now.

Just because we disagree with another countries rulers doesn't mean we should sit back and refuse to bomb isis incase it benefits those rulers.

It's not assad and his cronies making peoples lives a misery it's the terrorist uprising.

you know those moderate muslims we gave supplies too, the ones that later pledged allegiance to ISIS

You may also remember me from the syria thread posting all the articles about how ISIS were taking all the oil refineries and factories from the so called "rebels" without any fights taking place, and also posting the news articles about the joint missions the "rebels" were doing with the terrorist groups.

doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out just an open mind and no grudges held against a countries leader because omg they aren't a democracy

Doesn't seem to matter when it comes to some other countries with disgusting human rights and no democracy like saudi arabia.

want to trade with saudi arabia ? https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/uk-trade-investment-saudi-arabia
don't worry our embassy will help you

did gaddafi and assad pee in someones corn flakes?

Last edited:
Soldato

Our interventions in the mid east and N. Africa have been such a stunning success. It is worth noting that the guy who killed the people was trained in Libya by IS according to the Tunisians. Who created the mess that is now Libya and allowed IS to set up a training camp(according to US intelligence) ? The UK and France. Stop meddling.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
A bit less political and more a prophecy but going back to what I said previously about ISIS and the khawariji there is an interesting article here

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7702064

"He (the Prophet) also went on to describe terrorist groups such as ISIS that would try to hijack the Islamic faith. At this time of dissension, he said there would appear "a group of young people who would be immature in thought and foolish." They would speak beautiful words but commit the most heinous of deeds. They would engage in so much prayer and fasting that the worship of the Muslims would appear insignificant in comparison. They would call people to the Quran but would have nothing to do with it in reality. The Quran would not go beyond their throats, meaning they wouldn't understand its essence at all, merely regurgitating it selectively. The Prophet then went on to describe these people as "the worst of the creation.""

Caporegime
Do we have assets over Syria which are capable of delivering munitions?

Syria is closer than Iraq.
They are Neighbours on the map
ISIS capital is in Syria.

america already bomb isis in Syria we won't because of some moral obligation to not bomb assads enemies even if they are also our enemy

Back
Top Bottom