-¦J2222¦-

Soldato
what spray did you use? always wonder what people use to spray cases and PC parts etc I was thinking of just going to Halfords and getting some spray cans lol

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback guys :) Sorry I haven't replied sooner!

what spray did you use? always wonder what people use to spray cases and PC parts etc I was thinking of just going to Halfords and getting some spray cans lol

I used the MTN stuff on our website. Getting paint from halfords isn't a bad call, dude. Systems guys are working on something at the moment and have used car paint with a metallic undercoat. It looks so nice.

You lucky person you. :(

Just spent £200 on my new loop parts! :mad: :p

Watercooling is so expensive when you want an awesome set up. I know that feel bro. Is it a full build that you're doing?

The GPU block arrived today from Tim at Diamond Cooling.
1KVlIUpl.jpg.png

I knew their products were top quality but you don't realise how good until you actually have it in your hands. Sorry for the potato quality images. Also got the primochill fittings the other day too, also pictured.

I had to get a hold of some white connectors of course too. Where the case is black and white, I felt black connectors wouldn't fit quite right on the inside, seen as the Gryphon board will also have white armour.
fbhkUUwl.jpg

Let me know what you think :) I'm also open to ideas although we can probably get a better picture once the board comes :)

Associate
Did you make the cable up yourself then using Cablemods stuff? Nice combo of colours you've chosen.
+1 Diamond Cooling, awesome stuff gonna be using some soon.

Associate
OP
Did you make the cable up yourself then using Cablemods stuff? Nice combo of colours you've chosen.
+1 Diamond Cooling, awesome stuff gonna be using some soon.

I did indeed. I had been waiting for them since we knew it was happening for this exact colour combo. I always like trying out new products.

Cheeky shot of the backplate here as well :)
Z43upFrl.jpg

Soldato
Watercooling is so expensive when you want an awesome set up. I know that feel bro. Is it a full build that you're doing?

Yeah a full build in a 780T, currently got the radiators in, but need an EK UNI Pump holder, I cannot find one anywhere! :( :mad:

Your back plate and cables look the biz!

Associate
OP
Yeah a full build in a 780T, currently got the radiators in, but need an EK UNI Pump holder, I cannot find one anywhere! :( :mad:

Your back plate and cables look the biz!

Ooft, I think the 780T is one of only 2 Corsair cases that I like the look of. That and the 540 which was my previous case. Which pump are you using? I think we do the DDC holder. And thanks dude, I'm really am happy with the cables and the job Diamond Cooling have done. I'm expecting great things from Both of those companies.

Soldato
I used the MTN stuff on our website. Getting paint from halfords isn't a bad call, dude. Systems guys are working on something at the moment and have used car paint with a metallic undercoat. It looks so nice.

reason why I was debating this is because I was not too sure what the colour\finish would come out like using it on plastic\metal as its meant for cars rather than cases and parts.

must admit though the finish on the case does look good and so does the GPU block

Associate
OP
this is one sexy build mate i can not wait to see this all done

Thanks, dude! Neither can I!

reason why I was debating this is because I was not too sure what the colour\finish would come out like using it on plastic\metal as its meant for cars rather than cases and parts.

must admit though the finish on the case does look good and so does the GPU block

Ahh, I'm sure it would be fine on all the metal parts which was most of this case to be honest. I think the only plastic part that I sprayed white was the top piece on the left and right sides and the same with the front piece. The the actual panels on the top and front are metal. I may try it as I was originally after a matte finish, which is what I have here but I'm now thinking a white metallic finish would be damn tasty :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Taking this DVI hub off today and sawing the pci bracket down the middle. mmmm single slot tastiness. Saw JR23 do this in the Parvum MATE log and it makes sense. Much tidier.

zdot4MDl.jpg

Associate
OP
UPDATE :)

Thanks to our in-house precision soldering wizard Josh, the whole DVI block is now completely gone from the card and is super tidy looking. Just need to cut down the leftover dvi pins and clean the rest of the flux off :)

nNcZmZFl.jpg

Associate
That's a great idea, going to have to do the same thing myself if I have the courage. It looks a lot tidier, looking forward to more updates. Great looking build so far.

Associate
OP
I have JR23 to thank for the idea and Josh on our systems team to thank for the actual removal of the thing. It took a surprising amount of time due to the solder having no lead. This give the solder a higher melting point so the process took a while

Back
Top Bottom