Mountain Biking

Associate
I got an Aldi special for £25
20150704_112951_zpsl10ikhv7.jpg

does the job well, aldi and lidl have them in every month or so when they do the bike accessory special.

love that norco so much man

Soldato
It's just such a cool looking frame! Can't wait to get mine built.

Man, I am semi-jealous! :D

Yeah, that single headtube look, way ahead of its' time. Still looks good today, even though those brake discs are miniscule! Still, discs were a rarity back then, hydraulics even more so.

First bike I felt truly invincible on. (May have been due to it being an ex-team DH rig - rocking the 140mm front fork y0!) :p

Associate
Entries for next year's Strathpuffer opened at 22:00 today.

...and was full by 22:04

Of course, I was quick enough:

Sweet, didn't think it'd sell out that quick. I've donesummer one a few years back, rained the whole time :p

Will be racing the 24 hour race at fort William in October, I really should get around to training.

Soldato
I just got back from Are bike park in Sweden, what a place!

I learnt more in a weeks biking there than I have in months.

Here is one of my 3 big wipeouts.

Apologies for the sound but I broke my go pro case in an earlier crash :D

Soldato
I just got back from Are bike park in Sweden, what a place!

I learnt more in a weeks biking there than I have in months.

Here is one of my 3 big wipeouts.

Apologies for the sound but I broke my go pro case in an earlier crash :D

Haha, good work. there were a few moments where I thought "ah, here we go, this is the one" :p
...though, you did scream like a girl so some man points lost.

How did you get on with the Dh tyres?

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha, good work. there were a few moments where I thought "ah, here we go, this is the one" :p
...though, you did scream like a girl so some man points lost.

How did you get on with the Dh tyres?

Hahaha! I whimpered because I landed on 4 already cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder which popped right back in thankfully from a crash on the second day :D I could have edited it out but 100% real is what you get!

DH tyres were awesome, conditions varied from dusty 32 degrees to quite muddy so good call.

Next year I will be buying or renting a full dh bike, and some body armour...

EDIT:

What I did to my bike during the second day crash:

Replaced with a giant reign front rim LOL

Last edited:
Soldato
Good news. Bike located and safely delivered at last minute. Air Canada are gash, never fly with them if you have luggage no matter how enticing the time or price. They have a policy of removing bags arbitrarily after regularly overbooking. The bike turning up late has put me in a bit of a position; I haven't been able to give it a once over and I had to get up super early to do a late registration. Strong words will be had...

Today is moving day. I'll add some more info once we have arrived at base camp. The buzz here is unreal. I am shocked at how many shaved legs I am seeing but I will be scaring those half men off with my uber hair back if they cause me any problems.

I am drinking like a fish. Litres and litres of water just sitting outside in the sun. Riding will be interesting. A couple of years ago, this chap had this to say after a hot day of riding. https://youtu.be/joxnWfM7F2Q
Update required :D

Entry fee paid fee paid for myself and my missus. A bit steep :eek:

Associate
I saw the Ohlins fork on a display Specialized Demo at Fort William the other week, and thought of you. It looked maximum gnar!

Guessing their air shock ain't gonna be cheap, if that page is saying only the S-works enduro will have it.

Soldato
'Lo guys, any good place to get Hope spares, specifically for 2007 Mono Mini levers, could use some reservoir caps and diaphragms. Yeah they are old but still massively good with M4 pistons :D

Hope themselves are really good at providing support - give 'em a call.

I saw the Ohlins fork on a display Specialized Demo at Fort William the other week, and thought of you. It looked maximum gnar!

Guessing their air shock ain't gonna be cheap, if that page is saying only the S-works enduro will have it.

Deliriously happy with my X2, so the cost won't affect me, but sure will be interesting to know.... gonna cost a helluva lot im sure.

... and on the topic of shiney 'tings

http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/07/07...avel-rockshox-lyrik-and-new-yari-coming-soon/

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
A much cheaper Rock Shox fork in my build :D
bikeparts1.jpg

Fitted the BB crank and front mech last night.
Still waiting on the flipping headset/seatpost and stem to turn up before I can really crack on. Wheels and tyres due very soon, but I am out of the country till Friday so annoyed I can't do more and be sure to give it a first ride on the weekend!

Soldato
A much cheaper Rock Shox fork in my build :D
bikeparts1.jpg

Fitted the BB crank and front mech last night.
Still waiting on the flipping headset/seatpost and stem to turn up before I can really crack on. Wheels and tyres due very soon, but I am out of the country till Friday so annoyed I can't do more and be sure to give it a first ride on the weekend!

Nice, my fork is sitting in my office, mocking me... Ive broken my foot and cant ride for 4 weeks!

Soldato
A quick question
I've just received my new Hope Pro II Evo rear wheel and the rear hub looks like this - I was expecting a normal hub with the cassette channel guides - what is this?

19329828178_258f1df6ff_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom