• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Just got word from the retailor i RMA'd my Fury X with (a competitor). They have agreed that the pump whine is a defect and are now awaiting stock to send me a replacement. Not to upset with the wholse situation now, as the retailor in question paid for the postage back to them as well, so i have lost nothing expect a bit of time. Hopefully the next one is better!

Associate
Just got word from the retailor i RMA'd my Fury X with (a competitor). They have agreed that the pump whine is a defect and are now awaiting stock to send me a replacement. Not to upset with the wholse situation now, as the retailor in question pof aid for the postage back to them as well, so i have lost nothing expect a bit time. Hopefully the next one is better!

Glad to hear that you're getting everything sorted out! Let us know how you get on when you get an updated sample back!

Associate
New forum member

Hello All... :)

My premier posting here on OCUK forums. After placing a pre-order for the XFX liveried version of the Fury X, I've been keeping tabs on this thread just to see peoples reaction to the card [good and bad]. On the whole, an interesting read...

The XFX stock consignment should arrive with OCUK tomorrow, and all being well, my order dispatched for arrival early next week.

Currently using an i5 4690K [stock, for now] and an Asus Direct CUII OC R9 290... Very much hoping the Fury X will provide a comfortable gaming experience at 3440x1440 [AOC U3477PQU], and with the Oculus RIft once it arrives early 2016.

Re. pump noise... fingers crossed the unit I receive doesn't have this particular feature, then I can purchase an AIO CPU watercooler to complement it. If does happen to be a vocal unit, then the plan is for a full custom watercooling loop, utilising the new EK waterblock :)

Paul.

Associate
Someone said they got a crazy boost to drawcalls earlier.

Yeah I saw that one but more interested in how that translates in to gaming performance, just tried the 15.7 on my 7970s games seems to be running really good so far... so just interested in how the Fury is doing :D

bru

bru

Soldato
Not with those settings lol.

With 4 cards you only use max settings or you risk a very big CPU bottleneck.
4 up the TXs will win against 4gb and 6gb cards @2160p more often than not because the other cards run out of VRAM.

With a 5960x at stock that is only 3.3GHz with anything more than 2 cores loaded according to Intel themselves. I can only assume it doesn't limit the furyX's as much, hence the result as they are shown.

Soldato
Came back to my screen earlier today bouncing all over the shop. Disconnected the DP and reconnected and back to normal after a display driver recovery. Was all going so well with these drivers till then lol.

This is why simply going from graph to graph to decipher which is the ideal purchase for any given scenario isn't as black and white as people like to pretend it is sadly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
MainGear are an AMD partner this is their time to shine and shift units., I wouldn't put faith in a purchase just on those benchmarks alone. Not to mention no TressFX in Tomb Raider is an odd bench to run. The only people that should take note of those video slides are trolls lol

Their site lists them as partners with amd, nvidia and intel. Not just amd.

Man of Honour
OP
With a 5960x at stock that is only 3.3GHz with anything more than 2 cores loaded according to Intel themselves. I can only assume it doesn't limit the furyX's as much, hence the result as they are shown.

Using max settings on 4 cards means that for most modern games 4.0ghz to 4.5ghz is enough for 2160p.

Using the settings in the graphs seen earlier 8.0ghz on the CPU would not be enough lol.

If you use 4 cards, use the highest settings you can or there is no point in having that many GPUs.

Problem with review sites is on the very rare occasion they test 4 GPUs they still use the same settings they would for a single card lol.

Caporegime
Using max settings on 4 cards means that for most modern games 4.0ghz to 4.5ghz is enough for 2160p.

Using the settings in the graphs seen earlier 8.0ghz on the CPU would not be enough lol.

If you use 4 cards, use the highest settings you can or there is no point in having that many GPUs.

Problem with review sites is on the very rare occasion they test 4 GPUs they still use the same settings they would for a single card lol.

What settings do you use for aa? At 2160p 2x is probably as much as you need, sticking it up to 4x or 8x just dedicates a lot of gpu grunt and vram to something thats pretty pointless at that res.

Back
Top Bottom