iOS 9

• Thread starter Deleted member 138126
  • Start date
Associate
It's not really for public use though... it's for developers to test apps on. Even if you do want to jump on the train I wouldn't bother for the first three betas. In fact most of the good stuff doesn't arrive until GM.

You do get a lot of the good stuff along the way but its not polished until GM which is no surprise considering its more or less the same as the public will get on final release.

Associate
I went back to 8.4 after 9b1 battery problems but 9b2 feels normal in regards to battery life, certainly a massive improvement on 9b1. Gonna stick with 9b2 and hope that the rest of the betas carry on along the same lines.

Soldato
My iPhone 6+ went nuclear last night. On charge and I woke in the middle of the night..grabbed my phone to unplug and it was HOT. I mean really hot. I had to power it down to get it too cool.

Any ideas? Beta or dodgy hardware?

Soldato
Safari ad blocking capability using extensions is now supported:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/10/safari-in-ios-9-can-block-ads/

I think this must be quite worrying for free ad supported web sites. Personally I generally don't mind ads on mobile as they're less intrusive and don't tend to autoplay or animate too much like some awful desktop ads.

If the ad agencies keep going down the road of launching full screen ads that seize your entire screen and need to be dismissed it will push more users to install an ad blocker.

If they hit the top of the app store then it'll be game over for a lot of sites that rely on monetizing mobile traffic. Due to the app store Top Charts I imagine there will probably end up being a higher percentage of 'casual' users installing the ad blockers compared to desktop as they'll see them in the top 10 or 100 list and test them out.

Once installed it's incredibly difficult for a publisher to get a user to whitelist their site if they're an ad block user or get them to support the site monetarily another way.

Soldato
Very impressed with the iPad multi tasking features - also everything seems genuinely 'snappier' and slicker.

Also Safari doesn't do that annoying reload when you go back!

Last edited:
Soldato
I have it on my Air2, things seems about the same speed wise, and never had any safari issues on here. One thing to note is the battery life sucks, I went from charging it once a week to 3 times a week now, but since its my iPad I don't really mind. Would not recommend for iPhone.

Associate
Anyone having problems getting the beta, I keep getting an error when trying to download the profile on the iPad.

Back
Top Bottom