• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
And another disappointment...the noise is definitely better compared to the first Powercolor card I got but there's still an annoying high pitch noise coming from the card :(

sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

Associate
The cards that were meant to be in stock today are now showing as overdue so thats 4/6 types available that are now overdue. 2.5 weeks since the cards initial release

Associate
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from caseking and used GLS for shipping. Any idea on how long it takes. I'm in Ireland, but I would assume delivery to UK and Ireland would have similar lead times.

Ordered my second Fury X, and it shipped today.

Caporegime
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from caseking and used GLS for shipping. Any idea on how long it takes. I'm in Ireland, but I would assume delivery to UK and Ireland would have similar lead times.

Ordered my second Fury X, and it shipped today.

Gls ends up being ups when coming over here or the uk. I had one ordered but that strike in calais made it take longer to arrive than usual, ended up i got one with the coil whine and its on its way back, a second card was also affected by the strike and this bank holiday on monday but i should have it on tuesday. If this second card has the same issue i'm just cancelling the replacement and sending the other back for refund.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Tamworth, United Kingdom 07/10/2015 2:42 A.M. Departure Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 07/09/2015 9:58 P.M. Arrival Scan
07/09/2015 9:00 A.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
Herne-Boernig, Germany 07/09/2015 6:00 A.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
Herne-Boernig, Germany 07/08/2015 6:00 A.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
07/07/2015 6:00 A.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
Herne-Boernig, Germany 07/07/2015 4:48 A.M. Departure Scan
07/07/2015 3:00 A.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
Herne-Boernig, Germany 07/03/2015 3:58 A.M. Arrival Scan
Berlin, Germany 07/02/2015 8:15 P.M. Departure Scan
07/02/2015 6:50 P.M. Origin Scan
Germany 07/02/2015 12:01 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Associate
Gls ends up being ups when coming over here or the uk. I had one ordered but that strike in calais made it take longer to arrive than usual, ended up i got one with the coil whine and its on its way back, a second card was also affected by the strike and this bank holiday on monday but i should have it on tuesday. If this second card has the same issue i'm just cancelling the replacement and sending the other back for refund.

Interesting as I have gotten a gls tracking number and no mention of ups yet. Although gls tracking just shows where it is and no estimated delivery date.

Are you sure you didn't pick ups or perhaps they changed it to ups for another reason. I have sent packages back to overclockers.Co.UK using gls and it ended up being delivered using parcel force.

Perhaps gls just don't operate in the UK.

So your first card had the whine and your sending it back. But you ordered a another in the meanine. Both from caseking. Gigabyte by any chance.

Caporegime
Interesting as I have gotten a gls tracking number and no mention of ups yet. Although gls tracking just shows where it is and no estimated delivery date.

Are you sure you didn't pick ups or perhaps they changed it to ups for another reason. I have sent packages back to overclockers.Co.UK using gls and it ended up being delivered using parcel force.

Perhaps gls just don't operate in the UK.

So your first card had the whine and your sending it back. But you ordered a another in the meanine. Both from caseking. Gigabyte by any chance.

First was gigabyte, second is sapphire, the second card is from a batch that came in several days after the launch so hopefully no whine. I'm near sure i selected gls and it came by ups. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
First was gigabyte, second is sapphire, the second card is from a batch that came in several days after the launch so hopefully no whine. I'm near sure i selected gls and it came by ups. :confused:

Yeah, I just order the gigabyte from caseking, as it just came in stock last night. Im hoping it was a new batch that just arrived, but just like you who knows.

I thought gigabyte had a decent RMA service in the UK. To be honest, each vendor should be doing their own RMA's for these dodgy units, and making them a priority.

If this is a dodgy unit again, I'm probably done with AMD for a while myself.

Caporegime
Yeah, I just order the gigabyte from caseking, as it just came in stock last night. Im hoping it was a new batch that just arrived, but just like you who knows.

I thought gigabyte had a decent RMA service in the UK. To be honest, each vendor should be doing their own RMA's for these dodgy units, and making them a priority.

Contacted gigabyte about it, their waffle as follows:

Sorry the UK RMA centre only deals with goods bought from our official UK sellers and it is normal practice to return goods via your seller. We can accept to the UK RMA centre but item is for repair attempt only and will not be replaced if non repairable as item is a import. For such cases, please return the item back via your seller only to receive full warranty service.

So they were willing to attempt repair but not replace, :confused:

Associate
Contacted gigabyte about it, their waffle as follows:

So they were willing to attempt repair but not replace, :confused:

That's probably the most stupid reply from a company I have seen.

First off, that's actually against EU law, as they cannot under any circumstance state something is repair only, and if it's bought within the first 30 days, it has to be replaced, even when going through the manufacturer, as again, both the retailer and the manufacture in most EU countries cannot force you to use either one, including the UK.

Secondly, if I'm not mistaken, They can't actually repair the Fury X with this problem, as AMD are taking care of it with their AIB partners, so once they get a unit that has the old pump, AMD basically swap it out for a unit with a working pump. At least that's how it ends up on paper.

Starting to wish I stayed away from Gigabyte now. Is there any single decent manufacturer out there and doesn't take the **** with customer service.

Soldato

Tbh, the way AMD have mismanaged the pump whine issue is what made me jump ship back to team green for quite some time.

A simple blanket promise that all will be accepted via RMA as soon as the fault was found would be all that was needed - but they would rather screw over all the first buyers than have the negative press.

Ironically, due to this - many (myself included) will not only not buy another AMD card for some time - but also advise others not to also.

Associate
Tbh, the way AMD have mismanaged the pump whine issue is what made me jump ship back to team green for quite some time.

A simple blanket promise that all will be accepted via RMA as soon as the fault was found would be all that was needed - but they would rather screw over all the first buyers than have the negative press.

Ironically, due to this - many (myself included) will not only not buy another AMD card for some time - but also advise others not to also.

It even goes a step further than that, which is why I think a class action would be possible due to the amount of issues caused.

When the reviews came out, they issued a press release stating the issue was just in pre-production units and was fixed in retail units. Or something to that effect.

So by lying and saying users wouldn't experiences any issue, they in fact blind sighted them into purchasing known faulty units. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't illegal. Let's not forget every single device from the first run had the faulty pump. They did release a new press release proving the previous one was false.

Also, I know it sounds over the top, but I swear that high pitch noise gives me a headache after an hour or so, and I have to wear headphones playing music or my air purifier on loud to drowned it out.

If this next unit does end up being faulty, i will be definitely picking up a 980 ti instead, and not just because of the issue, but AMD's clear lack of respect of its customers to spend decent wack of money to try out their new product, only to be slapped in the face by their poor customer service.

Associate
Hi... A slew of R9 Fury reviews have been released, covering Asus Stix R9 Fury and Saphire Tri-x R9 Fury [OC]. Initial testing [with 15.7] show the Fury to be 5-10% slower, dependant on game and resolution. AnandTech review

Asus uses a custom board at stock speeds, but allows overclocking. Saphire uses AMD's reference board and has two versions, stock and OC...

|-O-|

Personally, had the XFX R9 Fury X on order, however, half expected the delay in stock today and cancelled midday. Going to wait and see how things develop over the coming months, especial once Windows 10 and DX12 are in the wild. Now thinking the Fury with a custom waterblock will be a better [and cheaper] solution for myself... Guess I can put up with the OC R9 290 for another month or two :)

Paul

Caporegime

Its an annoying situation to say the least, at the minute its a lottery as to what kind of card you get. I don't see why the aib's hadn't tested some of the stock once this was discovered and sent the faulty ones to have the pump\rad units replaced then sent back to be sold.

It's not like amd are losing out on some kind of big money its only the pump and rad being changed after all, not like the card itself is going to be binned. And presumably this would be charged to the company that let the quality on the pumps slip.

I really am tempted to look at a pair of 980 ti's, possibly the asus strix versions. But that all depends on how the fury i get on Tuesday goes. Kind of 50\50 currently, i prefer quiet cards and without the whine the fury is virtually silent, not sure how 2 cards with triple fans would fare, singly they are meant to be quiet but with 2 i can see the noise levels getting up there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed,

For me the sound started to trigger a headache in about 30 seconds, didn't even bother going into the operating system to play it - just repacked & contacted the retailed for an RMA.

While my x2 980ti's are louder on load - a low pitched gusty noise is not only not as annoying - but you can drown it out with a bit of volume. A high pitched squeal on the other hand you can't.

A real shame, as if it was handled better I'd have gone for a tri-x-fire setup & accepted the slightly worse performance per card. I'm willing to forgive a dodgy card, but the terrible customer service from the top, lack of definitive clear statements & general denial they seem to have has really made me regret giving them a chance.

Associate
Any idea on when the new batch of cards are due in? Are people still receiving cards with bad pump whine. Interested in getting one of these but the pump whine would do my head in. I know like all things these days its a lottery but wanted to know if those that recently ordered and had pump whine did these have the revised cooler master pump. (The etched /engraved) logo. Just wondering if this new revision actually fixes the problem.

Associate
hearing you guys saying about how you've had multiple defective cards and considering the low amount of stock made me realize it might be a while before I can get a healthy specimen of one of these things

Back
Top Bottom