• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
I stupidly decided to give AMD another go, both my Fury X's had pump whine, not as noticable as some I have heard but I could hear them.

Returned them and bought 2 980ti's, not only are they a lot quicker but quieter too.

Why AMD did not nip this in the bud on day one and issue a statement saying all would be replaced I would have kept them for a month or two then swapped them.

Whatever way you look at it AMD have bodged the launch (if you can call it that) from the start, they lied regarding overclocking, thy lied AGAIN saying only the press review models were faulty.

This is 2015 why leave out HDMI 2.0 compatibility alienating those that game on large 4K TV's ? Then claim "an adaptor will be out soon to fix that"

Idiots!!

Soldato
Amd sort this mess out or you are gonna force me back to the dark side. I absolutely slated Nvidia for the 970 fiasco and here you are with a similar scenario. Also disappointed with Ocuk response to these defective pumps. The way these graphics companies are behaving and the ridiculous pricing of their cards I'm thinking its time to get out of pc gaming. Had been saving up for a FuryX but I am so disappointed with the false promises (overclockers dream, 4K gaming and 4GB vram) they are both as bad as each other. Might buy a new tv instead. :(

Associate
Any idea on when the new batch of cards are due in? Are people still receiving cards with bad pump whine. Interested in getting one of these but the pump whine would do my head in. I know like all things these days its a lottery but wanted to know if those that recently ordered and had pump whine did these have the revised cooler master pump. (The etched /engraved) logo. Just wondering if this new revision actually fixes the problem.

Yes there are still "whiny pump" cards out there, received a new Sapphire yesterday and still had the problem :(

Associate
its a shame because I really like richard huddy and I want to escape the clutches of nvidia, have ordered a mini 970 to tide me over until all this is sorted out

Caporegime

I don't think they're idiots so much as just amateurish. You have to *really* control the flow of information at a launch and they just don't seem to do that! Overclockers nightmare anyone?? :p

nVidia seem to have this part down and you don't read of many hiccups. Probably because if they do **** up then they'll get put in front of a firing squad ;) :D :p

But hey, it works!!! :D

Soldato
I preordered start of the month and I'm not even considering cancelling it. The pump noise will be fixed - so I class that as a null issue for a card that's going to be in my system for 12+ months. Voltage control will be available as soon as the tools catch up, and I can't see it being anything but great for OC'ing based on the numbers. I run 4k - nVidia is notably weaker at high res.
And lastly I can't bring myself to support nVidia - the way they conduct themselves as a business just irks me, everything is all "must lock to nVidia and charge customers a fortune" whereas AMD operate open source and try to HELP the gaming community. So even if I do end up with a card that gets 1-2fps less, I'd rather support AMDs policy and take the hit.

Caporegime
I don't think they're idiots so much as just amateurish. You have to *really* control the flow of information at a launch and they just don't seem to do that! Overclockers nightmare anyone?? :p

nVidia seem to have this part down and you don't read of many hiccups. Probably because if they do **** up then they'll get put in front of a firing squad ;) :D :p

But hey, it works!!! :D

AMD actually had a really tight control over this launch, doing everything bit by bit etc.. I mean they've only just released information on the standard Fury. The trouble is that once it's all in the public domain people will make up their own judgements and NVidia basically killed them by releasing 980Ti, not helped by production quality issues (pump noise).

Soldato
I preordered start of the month and I'm not even considering cancelling it. The pump noise will be fixed - so I class that as a null issue for a card that's going to be in my system for 12+ months. Voltage control will be available as soon as the tools catch up, and I can't see it being anything but great for OC'ing based on the numbers. I run 4k - nVidia is notably weaker at high res.
And lastly I can't bring myself to support nVidia - the way they conduct themselves as a business just irks me, everything is all "must lock to nVidia and charge customers a fortune" whereas AMD operate open source and try to HELP the gaming community. So even if I do end up with a card that gets 1-2fps less, I'd rather support AMDs policy and take the hit.
Will you be happy potentially paying a restocking fee if you RMA it for a high pitched whine?.

If you really want to buy one I'd strongly recommend waiting a couple of months for all the first to be cleared.

Caporegime
Got my sapphire card today, not installed it yet, was like a game of russian dolls unboxing it.

JuDmca8.jpg

First battered box with a big hole in it.

qFJbf4x.jpg.png

Shipping box, similar to what they did with the 295x2 but much smaller.

CXnOuxX.jpg

Finally!

Back
Top Bottom