Budget 2015: Osborne vs. the Economy

Caporegime
well that is up to the individual to resolve, however the idea that people chose between food and heating isn't because they don't have sufficient funds but that they're not using them wisely

Soldato
rather exaggerated, the main issue with low incomes is lack of budgeting and poor spending choices

Not for everyone. Some poor folks have seen their rent rise £200 a month in the space of 2-3 years yet their base income has never moved. What are you expected to do then? Move home.... you may then only be £150 a month worse off.

I don't think Labour would have fixed this issue neither in all honesty, it's a problem with the current housing market with no real solution.

People seem oblivious to the rising costs of daily life around here.

Soldato
yes house prices go up, that doesn't prevent people from spending irresponsibly

Some people do, but not all. Buying food and just paying bills isn't being irresponsible is it.

Just glad we aren't in a position like these poor buggers. Took a lot of sacrifice and time (still does) but it's great having no interaction with the state whatsoever. Just hope they keep the fuel prices decent.

Caporegime
some people find themselves in all sorts of pickles with debt etc...

it doesn't mean we need to keep on hemorrhaging money through tax credits etc..etc.. nor is it necessarily related to tax credits or lack of them

but but what about the guy who did have a successful business and four kids but now can't afford the mortgage etc..etc..etc..

we provide a basic safety net, that is fair, but frankly there is still plenty of room to cut some of the rather large amount of spending on welfare

Associate
The rich already shoulder most of the burden, how much more do you think they should give?

Totally agree. I can't bear all the people whinging about the rich getting richer when the rich pay for most of the benefits. Why should a person go to work to fund someone else? It's atrocious. The more I work the more I have to fund other people who don't work.

well that is up to the individual to resolve, however the idea that people chose between food and heating isn't because they don't have sufficient funds but that they're not using them wisely

This too. It's like we owe incompetent people money to live, boohoo the government is giving people less free money that they've taken from me in taxation. Can't hack life? Why is that my problem?

Permabanned
Totally agree. I can't bear all the people whinging about the rich getting richer when the rich pay for most of the benefits. Why should a person go to work to fund someone else? It's atrocious. The more I work the more I have to fund other people who don't work.

This too. It's like we owe incompetent people money to live, boohoo the government is giving people less free money that they've taken from me in taxation. Can't hack life? Why is that my problem?

Some of the people getting rich are doing on the backs of those who are struggling.

Associate
It is a nice statement, how do they go about doing it though?

There's no single answer to that. There are countless examples of people doing it, I suppose you could pick from one of them.

I know one way they're definitely not going to do it; whining about how unfair life is and that they're not getting enough free money from the taxpayer.

Back
Top Bottom