• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Isn't 21:9 what movie cameras/cinemas use? You would think... no, no, that would be logical.

They don't use 21:9 exactly. But 21:9 screens are as close as we get.

The problem is, if you actually run a 21:9 film on your 21:9 screen, by default it'll just have black bars around the entirety of it :p (Although this is completely down to the software, and I've seen all the software packages do this)

And there's only Arcsoft which as a player will zoom in correctly.

VLC does it too, if you've got digital files rather than a disc.

I could happily get rid of my PC Blu-ray drive, but I do need a device with a Blu-ray player that's set to Region A (Or else, I can't play some Blu-rays, because some don't get Region B's ; Archer Season 1 etc), and also a PS4/PS3/Xbox One also won't correctly display a 21:9 image either on a 21:9 Screen :p. So it's literally JUST my PC I can use.

No wonder Blu-ray take up on the PC has been dire :p.

Associate
Has never ever ever worked for me.

I've literally just tried again. And nothing.
Just doesn't work.

Strange, that and MPC-HC are considered the best media players you can get, laughing at everything else, I have used both without any problems for many many years with many many different computers. Maybe you should write them an email or something.

Dying media lol... bluray came out when proper digital content delivery matured.

I see no reason for a disk drive in a modern PC.

So true, I havent used a disk in at least 5 years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wierd, can't you just right click in VLC, and go to videos then to crop.

Yes.

My problem is it not actually being able to open the Blu-ray :p. As in, the physical disc. If I use an ISO of a Blu-ray it's fine (But I imagine that ISO has been stripped of stuff etc), but it has never ever ever worked via my Blu-ray drive.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's frustrating, the world seems against proper Blu-ray Support.
Arcsoft Total Media Player was THE only player to work correctly for 21:9 (And it doesn't even work with all blu-rays anyway, it couldn't render the menu for Firefly for me, so I had to use iDeer to just play the titles)

Soldato
Dont some blu-rays use java or something in the menu's ? Thus some work fine then others don't.

Seems they like making things awkward for us sometimes !

Associate
One can just use DVDFab Passkey if one wants to play BDs on a PC. Open it, select region, and you can open your BDs in any video player.

Caporegime
15.7 can kiss my chuddies, GTA V crashes every 5-10 minutes. Gone back to 15.6 Beta, still crashes but I can normally get in 1-2 hours between each one.

Soldato
It's frustrating, the world seems against proper Blu-ray Support.
Arcsoft Total Media Player was THE only player to work correctly for 21:9 (And it doesn't even work with all blu-rays anyway, it couldn't render the menu for Firefly for me, so I had to use iDeer to just play the titles)

How about using xbmc, or does it not support your dodgey resolution ?
:D

Back
Top Bottom