• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

bru

bru

Soldato
On the stock front if there is plenty of non X's, it does the limited supply of the Fury X variant even more strange, if it is not a shortage a chips/boards seeing as the Sapphire uses a stock board, it must be the AIO cooling system that is causing the stock shortage. Surely that cannot be right. I guess we will find out tomorrow when we see just how much stock is a warehouse full.

Soldato
On the stock front if there is plenty of non X's, it does the limited supply of the Fury X variant even more strange, if it is not a shortage a chips/boards seeing as the Sapphire uses a stock board, it must be the AIO cooling system that is causing the stock shortage. Surely that cannot be right. I guess we will find out tomorrow when we see just how much stock is a warehouse full.

The first thing that came into my mind was the AIO cooling system would hold up production and after the issue with pump noise even more so and then take into account there is no custom solutions so everything is coming from one source, if the AIBs could have custom solutions than the production load would be spread out .

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato

Three or four?

gallery-warehouse-large.png

Soldato

Could it also be possible that yields of the Fury-X "full core" are that bad?

I imagine it is a combination of factors but yields are the first thing that springs to mind. If it is just a case of the AIO then AMD have shot themselves in the foot by not allowing Fury-X cards to be launched with custom coolers, especially if the cores are otherwise fully functional...

bru

bru

Soldato
Gibbo can we have a pyramid, seeing as we haven't had one for the Fiji GPU's at all yet.

PS: don't forget the burger ;)

Soldato
Could it also be possible that yields of the Fury-X "full core" are that bad?

I imagine it is a combination of factors but yields are the first thing that springs to mind. If it is just a case of the AIO then AMD have shot themselves in the foot by not allowing Fury-X cards to be launched with custom coolers, especially if the cores are otherwise fully functional...

Probably yields + the awkward manuf process. They are having to send them various places around the world to be assembled in stages.

Hopefully a more streamlined manufacturing method can be devised.

Soldato
I haven't bothered really looking at these as I was underwhelmed by the FuryX and then read only 2 versions of these fury cards would be made.

So what's the general consensus? Are they worth buying in place of the FuryX? Are they only slightly worse than the FuryX but at a reasonable price?

Problem I have is I would want 2 of them for 1440p but if they are stupidly priced and hardly better than my 290 tri-x I might as well buy a 2nd of that instead

Soldato
I haven't bothered really looking at these as I was underwhelmed by the FuryX and then read only 2 versions of these fury cards would be made.

So what's the general consensus? Are they worth buying in place of the FuryX? Are they only slightly worse than the FuryX but at a reasonable price?

Problem I have is I would want 2 of them for 1440p but if they are stupidly priced and hardly better than my 290 tri-x I might as well buy a 2nd of that instead

I'm gonna say not worth as they are coming in at £400+.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1522?vs=1438

Back
Top Bottom