• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Associate
Nice one, maybe check the vrm heatsink is making good contact too. Cant think of its name but when you take off the cooler theres still the block covering the vram etc? Just loosen the screws to that and then rescrew them down.

Associate
Well the paste worked, top temp is 80 with a 50% fan speed. The vrms are still high though. Will try overclocking it again over the weekend

That sounds far better. The VRMs always ran high on mine too but I'm informed that they can reliably run quite happily at 100c.

AMD hardware always seems to be built to withstand high temps. It's not a 'feature' I particularly like, but I never worried about hardware failure.

I'd say you're good now.

Soldato
Add me to the owners club. :D

Brand: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
Core clock: 1150
Memory clock: 1300
VDDC Offset: +75
Power Limit: 50%

Got a score of 1926 in Unigine Heaven. Here is GPU-Z when the card is at full load:

GPU-Z:
gpuz.png

Box:
unnamed_4.jpg

So far benching stable

Core reaches about 81C and VRMs at about 85C. ASIC Quality is 75%, seems to be a very good clocker though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Add me to the owners club. :D

Brand: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
Core clock: 1150
Memory clock: 1300
VDDC Offset: +75
Power Limit: 50%

Got a score of 1926 in Unigine Heaven. Here is GPU-Z when the card is at full load:

gpuz.png

So far benching stable

Core reaches about 81C and VRMs at about 85C. ASIC Quality is 75%, seems to be a very good clocker though.

Added, got a proof img tho?

Back
Top Bottom