• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Second Fury X arrived today.

Old pump with an even louder pump whine. AMD suck

So to sum up, Not only did I have serious issue with getting the first unit returned and out of my own pocket I might add. The second card has the same issue, and it was ordered 2 weeks later!

AMD can down play this issue as much as they want. Their latest and greatest product is a complete nightmare, but more importantly, their attitude towards their customers is dreadful and a clear sign they just don't care.

Not a single bit of help has been offered from AMD throughout this mess, and honestly can't understand how they can be so careless about an issue like this. I have disliked Nvidia's practices for the past few years now, but if AMD don't give a **** about their customers and release dodgy products. It's impossible too defend them.

This to me is not iPhone 4 bad, but Apple Maps bad (hope people get the reference)

This isn't me ranting anger, as much as it's true sadness, as I was really hoping AMD were going to bring it.

Associate
Soldato
I'm LOVING Fury X in CF:D:D

Even with my CPU at stock, i'm averaging around 100fps in Witcher 3 Maxed out-Hairworks @1440P.

Ordered the EVGA SuperNova G1 1000W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply in the end, should suit my needs and i like EVGA's warranty.

Looking forward to getting it all fitted and doing some benchmarking.

Soldato
GTA V performance seems to be all over the shop, game is maxed out @1440P with 4xmsaa, fps in the 80-90s, then after about 10 mins it drops to around 50 and seems to struggle.

Matt i've not used crossfire for a long time and the freesync is all new to me, what do i need to do to get crossfire working at its best, do i enable freesync, frame pacing or vsync? is there a cf profile i need to enable for GTA V.

I know the latest patch has caused a few issues.

Caporegime
GTA V performance seems to be all over the shop, game is maxed out @1440P with 4xmsaa, fps in the 80-90s, then after about 10 mins it drops to around 50 and seems to struggle.

Matt i've not used crossfire for a long time and the freesync is all new to me, what do i need to do to get crossfire working at its best, do i enable freesync, frame pacing or vsync? is there a cf profile i need to enable for GTA V.

I know the latest patch has caused a few issues.

I think a recent patch has caused some FPS drops mate. Try tweaking the settings until the new patch is due.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-pc-users-report-considerable-frame-rate-issu/1100-6428849/
http://wccftech.com/gta-v-latest-patch-degrades-game-performance-antimodding-tech-culprit/

Associate
While I agree you cannot fault a customer for not wanting to buy a subpar product. I was hoping the FuryX would be a monster, it's not unfortunately, and even worse so for people on the common 1080p resolution, they market it at 4k yet give it 4gb of VRAM, while not a problem for most games it's already proven an issue with some games.

Seriously as Nvidia has shown with their products if the performance and features are there people will pay the premium for it.

Imagine the FuryX had 8gb of ram and a corsair or nzxt cooler on it, plus tuned to not only decimate 4k but smash 1080 and 1440, AMD could have pretty much asked what they wanted for it and sold stacks

So to sum up, Not only did I have serious issue with getting the first unit returned and out of my own pocket I might add. The second card has the same issue, and it was ordered 2 weeks later!

AMD can down play this issue as much as they want. Their latest and greatest product is a complete nightmare, but more importantly, their attitude towards their customers is dreadful and a clear sign they just don't care.

Not a single bit of help has been offered from AMD throughout this mess, and honestly can't understand how they can be so careless about an issue like this. I have disliked Nvidia's practices for the past few years now, but if AMD don't give a **** about their customers and release dodgy products. It's impossible too defend them.

This to me is not iPhone 4 bad, but Apple Maps bad (hope people get the reference)

This isn't me ranting anger, as much as it's true sadness, as I was really hoping AMD were going to bring it.

"Old pump with an even louder pump whine. AMD suck"
Sooo, you're blaming AMD for the retailer not giving you the revised version? Okay then.

Associate

That must be really disappointing. Could it be the retailer sold you a returned card? Are you sure it was new?

Im anxiously waiting on mine from OCuk hopefully this Friday but its getting really hard to pass up those 980ti deals.

Caporegime

Did you get it from caseking? They're refunding me my postage costs back to them.

Associate
"Old pump with an even louder pump whine. AMD suck"
Sooo, you're blaming AMD for the retailer not giving you the revised version? Okay then.

I'm blaming AMD for making and releasing a known faulty card and then doing nothing about it afterwards. How could the retailers give me a working card if they have no idea which ones are working or not?

That must be really disappointing. Could it be the retailer sold you a returned card? Are you sure it was new?

Im anxiously waiting on mine from OCuk hopefully this Friday but its getting really hard to pass up those 980ti deals.

I did suspect it was a returned card, and it was still seale, but to be honest, it may have already been used previously, as it didn't look brand spanking new when I opened it.

i may jump over to a 980Ti myself now. Looking at the Gigabyte G1 Gaming. Which is a beast of a card.

Did you get it from caseking? They're refunding me my postage costs back to them.

Indeed, latest card was purchased from caseking.de. Do you not arrange collection themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom