• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
LaU4SK3.jpg

Finally replaced my 4.5 yo Sapphire HD 6950. No issues at all, it's working like a charm. My rig is a pretty ancient x58 with PCIE 2.0, so the Fury may be bottlenecked there, but the performance is still fantastic.

Associate
This card is huuuuge

Replacing an ASUS 7970 Matrix, it's a good 2" longer:

MpLdA1G.jpg

Yes, I know my system needs a clean :o

Anyway, it's almost silent, running Furmark currently and the fans on my rad are louder.

Tomorrow have some proper benchmarks.

Permabanned
Full benchmarks tomorrow.. Am off to bed

Let us know how it is with temps as well please, Stuff like how hot it gets after a few hours gaming and what custom fan settings you use etc. Even better temps with everything at stock, ie results for clocks and fan profile at stock as well as the sort of custom profile you need to improve them.

It's possible I could jump on a Fury if the X continues to be no show.

Soldato
Full benchmarks tomorrow.. Am off to bed

Nice one. I don't have that many new games yet to report much. Crysis 3 is running well at 1080p max x4 msaa at 60+fps most of the time with dips into 40s during the most intense scenes. Score.

I can say that the absolute max temp iv seen is 70c that was after running firestrike round and round. Scored 12k at stock.

Soldato
Something I'm wondering about, does the Fiji die + HBM generate more or less heat than just a Hawaii? Because they're using these oversized heatsinks left over from Hawaii days, but they're running much cooler. Would they do as well with a proper heatsink built for the half-length cards?

Associate
Any ETA on when the Asus ones are due ? Keep asking but never get an answer ...

Why the Asus specifically ? Need the ports i.e. the DVI the Sapphire doesnt have. Cant see from the pics what ports the Powercolour has.

Currently have a 7970 with 3 x Dell 24s on a race rig all connected by DP and next to that on a desk, a Samsung 24 connected by DVI that i use for FPS , browsing and so on.

Am getting a Freesync 27 inch, so need 1 DP for that, then the 3 Dell 24s can be connected by the other 2 DP and one DVI ( they dont have HDMI )

Last edited:
Soldato
The Sapphire has a dual link DP->DVI-D adapter bundled. I use that with my WUXGA@60Hz monitor without problems.

They give you everything you need to get 144hz on whatever monitor which is nice. I actually didn't realise I could have gotten 144hz even on my 7970 lightning. There was a mini dp to dp adapter in the 7970 box that would connect to my monitor)

Associate
They give you everything you need to get 144hz on whatever monitor which is nice. I actually didn't realise I could have gotten 144hz even on my 7970 lightning. There was a mini dp to dp adapter in the 7970 box that would connect to my monitor)

I need all 3 DP and the DVI regardless of adapters ...

Have 4 Monitors currently connected.
1 x 24 Samsung via DVI
3 x 24 Dell via DP

Moving to
1 x 27 Benq Freesync via DP
3 x 24 Dell via DP / DVI

So Freesync monitor - need 1 DP
3 x 24 Dell, need 2 DP and 1 DVI ( they have no HDMI ports )

And b4 the Freesync arrives, still need 1 x DVI for the Samsung and 3 x DP for the Dells ...

So the Sapphire isnt enough for me... need the Asus :)

Last edited:
Soldato

funny you should say that. When I got my freesync monitor I had to get a DP - mini DP cable to use on my 7970.

Bought A Fury X thinking all was well and cursed the skies when it arrived and I had overlooked it requiring a male DP connection.

Now I've sent the X back, ordered a none X and got a male to male cable.

3rd time lucky :o :D

Back
Top Bottom