What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Gave it a good clean today after 1500 miles round Scotland over 7 days. Was filthy!

Also cleaned the chain with the sdoc chain clean stuff that you spray on, leave and hose off. Worked amazingly - chain is looking as new.

Associate
Sold and sent to England :(

11707331_875389622510499_1030485377065882539_n.jpg

Soldato
Went out for a few hours with the intention of getting lost, ended up in France!

Well, my phone though I was in France... I was actually enjoying an ice cream in St Margarets Bay, just east of Dover :D

Found some little singletrack roads, half gravel some of them - I love exploring these little roads and just seeing where they go, but could do with something with a bit more suspension travel. I did get a nice bit of rear brake skid action on a gravel stretch coming up to a junction, was good fun :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Just worked out that I've already done around 2700 miles on my angel GT rear tyre, 2700 miles in just under 2 months, although that did include 800 miles on the a Wales trip (but I would have done 180 miles that week anyway). :eek: Soon racks up. Tyre certainly doesn't look like it's done nearly 3k miles.

Soldato
Just worked out that I've already done around 2700 miles on my angel GT rear tyre, 2700 miles in just under 2 months, although that did include 800 miles on the a Wales trip (but I would have done 180 miles that week anyway). :eek: Soon racks up. Tyre certainly doesn't look like it's done nearly 3k miles.

Happens quick doesn't it! I've done over 8k this year already

Checked my tyre pressures yesterday, and very glad I did! 18psi in the rear, 24 in the front!!

Soldato
Added some Gia Moto rearsets that I got 2nd hand off ebay - they're made with a 3 axis CNC machine and the quality of them is exquisite - doesn't really pick up very well in the photos but there's nice ripples miles into some of the surfaces. Didn't think they'd make so much of a difference, but gear changes are butter-smooth now and they've stopped me accidentally switching to neutral when going from 1st to 2nd, and the rear brake feels more progressive and smoother.

Also swapped out the rear shock for a Wilbers Q43 one with high and low speed compression and changed to progressive link plates to less progressive ones to help make the rear more compliant and help with the potholes and bumps and the street triple r trying to buck me out of the seat.

And finally, swapped out the indicators for Traf-X 02 ones I think. The Triumph LEDs are their 01 models I think. Look nice and very bright.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom