Jules Bianchi thread for updates and discussion

Soldato
Only a week after his family gave an update saying there was no progress. I wonder if they ultimately made the decision to let him rest in peace.

Such sad news and such a loss :(

Soldato
Just heard it on the radio and my jaw hit the floor. Unbelievably sad, and just goes to show that even with all the extra safety built into F1, that the danger these drivers face is still very real and present.

RIP Jules :(

V F

V F

Soldato
Just heard it on the radio and my jaw hit the floor. Unbelievably sad, and just goes to show that even with all the extra safety built into F1, that the danger these drivers face is still very real and present.

RIP Jules :(

If there were bigger run off areas this wouldn't have happened.

Soldato
Sad news, but perhaps expected given the lack of improvement cited by his father.

There were several factors involved in the crash, including the way the FIA handles yellow flag enforcement and wet weather running...but we've already had 9 months to discuss that.

Soldato

I don't want this to descend into an argument on this sad day for Motorsport. As such I won't take the debate any further if someone replies.

That's an overly simplistic blinkered view. Bigger run offs is not the sole answer. Neither was sticking padding to the rescue vehicles or other ludicrous ideas that popped into peoples heads in the week after. Suzuka is a circuit designed in the early 60s in a figure 8 with limited run offs by modern standards. Switch to modern anonymous "safe" Tilke tracks and I'd be the among the first to stop watching.

It's Formula 1, not namby-pamby mollycoddled pseudo racing. Motorsport is dangerous as it says on the ticket and at the circuit. The drivers accept this. If they're going too fast through a double waved yellow flag area it's a risk that's very difficult to mitigate and they must bear some responsibility for their actions.

Soldato

They have added the virtual safety car so hopefully it will stop incidents like this happening again, if he was going slower he wouldn't of aquaplaned into the incident. Very sad to here this though and hope his family start to feel better soon, awhile it was a terrible thing to have happened I think we all knew he wasn't going to get better and now his family can now try and move on.

Soldato
My heart sank when I read this earlier. What horrible news, but hopefully it allows some degree of finality for the Bianchi family - I can't begin to imagine how difficult the past 9 months have been.

RIP Jules. :(

They have added the virtual safety car so hopefully it will stop incidents like this happening again, if he was going slower he wouldn't of aquaplaned into the incident.

True, they added the virtual safety car, yet they elected not to use it at Silverstone in one of the instances fairly similar to Bianchi's accident (car off for a prolonged period on the exit of a high speed turn in challenging conditions).

That they couldn't reach an agreement on a yellow zone in F1 smacks of ignorance and unwillingness all in total disregard for the safety of your drivers, their peers and the unpaid volunteers who protect them.

I realise that Charlie often has an impossible job, but Sutil going off in Suzuka wasn't one of them. I was squirming at the total lack of a reaction (on several levels) from race control. Yes Jules ought to have slowed down more and ultimately that has cost him his life, but a racing driver will always go to the limit if allowed.

Even at Silverstone Hamilton was picking and choosing when to dawdle around and when to nail it under the virtual safety car. If the FIA and teams weren't so bloody stuck up and actually learned from other series, Jules would still be with us and we'd be thankful for another year passing without a life-threatening crash.

That the crash was allowed to happen at all is only tempered by the fact that they appear to have learned **** all from it. :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom