• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
I've seen your new build Andy on mlg, looks fantastic and I really like the case design. But for me, a good aftermarket cooled card is preferable. The msi features 0 fan technology for idle use. Not that I use it though, I have my own profile set which is still silent. On a few reviews, at load the msi is actually generating less noise than the fury x. But if course you can always swap out the stock fan on the aio. Seems to be the case with most users of cpu aio solutions.:)

Soldato
I would buy a 980ti but I'm para that it won't be as good as my TB SLI and I will have to have two, on air. And that concerns me 'cause it's basically NOISE.

I'm certainly not paying six hundred and fifty sheets for an AIO one, that's for sure.

If one was better than what I got now? I would have the 8 pack one. Sadly I can't find any game benchmarks with the 980ti vs my TB SLI. I know in benchmarks it's faster but that's just synthetics and could be easy to do.

Caporegime
I moved from sli 780, so no idea how they compare to tb's. But ill say this, its a godsend for the difference in noise and heat. Only played a bit of bf4 so far but haven't benched it to compare. But it certainly feels better.

Soldato
I would buy a 980ti but I'm para that it won't be as good as my TB SLI and I will have to have two, on air. And that concerns me 'cause it's basically NOISE.

I'm certainly not paying six hundred and fifty sheets for an AIO one, that's for sure.

If one was better than what I got now? I would have the 8 pack one. Sadly I can't find any game benchmarks with the 980ti vs my TB SLI. I know in benchmarks it's faster but that's just synthetics and could be easy to do.

I went from three titans to a single 980ti and the performance is roughly the same. The HOF looks a good choice at the price, don't know what it is like on noise, but the MSI is whisper quiet.

It also depends on what your motherboard spacing is like and where your intake fans are in relation to the gpus I guess, for sli.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went from three titans to a single 980ti and the performance is roughly the same. The HOF looks a good choice at the price, don't know what it is like on noise, but the MSI is whisper quiet.

MSI can go screw after their customer service lately. I've never seen such an ignorant RMA department in my entire life. I'm talking daily emails (polite) and a week for each reply.

Not something I want to repeat, I'm sticking to OCUK from now on.

I must say the HOF has my head turned. Might even ask the big man himself to sign the back :)

If I knew one was good enough I would most certainly jump.

Mostly the reason I am wanting to switch is because a game I really like (Wolfenstein : The old blood) does not run with SLI so at 4k it's really choppy and slow. I really like the relaunch of this game and was amazed how much I enjoyed the first romp.

Soldato
Well yeah, I got my msi from ocuk so any problems and they have to step in at the 28 day point. The 8pack card is still a kfa2 so its not an "ocuk" card as such. But then neither would the furyx be.

Soldato
Yeah, going to stick to a decent retailer now. Last time I didn't and they're not even worth emailing going on reviews on the net.

KFA2 were BFG so they're in Wales, but I won't depend on them any way I would go to OCUK.

I just think the 8 Pack card is actually reasonably priced seeing as it's £75 less than the Classy and probably every bit as good or better. You know? something that special for not many beans.

Then again the Lightning has yet to make a debut, I can't bloody wait for that :D

So maybe these Fury X delays are a blessing in disguise.

Soldato
Yeah, going to stick to a decent retailer now. Last time I didn't and they're not even worth emailing going on reviews on the net.

KFA2 were BFG so they're in Wales, but I won't depend on them any way I would go to OCUK.

I just think the 8 Pack card is actually reasonably priced seeing as it's £75 less than the Classy and probably every bit as good or better. You know? something that special for not many beans.

Then again the Lightning has yet to make a debut, I can't bloody wait for that :D

Overbuilt Tis are pointless unless on LN2 with all kinds of mods. So says Kingpin.

Soldato

I must admit, if I were buying again now, as its the same price as I paid, I would go for the HOF

Caporegime
I still can't get used to this.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? :D

gta.png

oeHZysw.jpg

Add me to the honour.

I don't have a pic to hand yet because mine doesn't come til Friday, but I bought Greg's.

Radeontastic, or something.

Welcome to the club Andy.

Back
Top Bottom