Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Associate
So I'm going to need thermal paste for my GPU as I'm installing my EKWB GPU block on it shortly. I've currently got Artic Silver 5 to spare from my CPU installation, is this going to be ok to use? I've heard people talking about wanting "non-conductive" stuff in various reviews / guides for installing the blocks; so just want to get some clarification as to whether I need a different paste - and if I do, what should I go for?

Caporegime
OP
So I'm going to need thermal paste for my GPU as I'm installing my EKWB GPU block on it shortly. I've currently got Artic Silver 5 to spare from my CPU installation, is this going to be ok to use? I've heard people talking about wanting "non-conductive" stuff in various reviews / guides for installing the blocks; so just want to get some clarification as to whether I need a different paste - and if I do, what should I go for?

AS5 is capacitive so not something I would use as there are lots of small components around the GPU die on most cards.

MX-2/4 is fine, Gelid extreme, Noctua NTH1 I hear is good and I have also used Prolimatek PK1/2 and like those.

Associate
AS5 is capacitive so not something I would use as there are lots of small components around the GPU die on most cards.

MX-2/4 is fine, Gelid extreme, Noctua NTH1 I hear is good and I have also used Prolimatek PK1/2 and like those.

I'm going to be mounting it onto a 980Ti so don't want to cheap out and end up frying the card; going to invest in a tube of MX4 and use that instead.

Cheers mate, probably just saved me a fortune! :p

Associate
Still got some left over AS5 which will use for 'medium'. And (of bulk) some really cheap ok-looking stuff from auction site which can be thrown-away 1-time use. But eventually will end up with the CLU (already ordered) for both die & HS. Which aught to give the best possible results.

I've asked Coollabs support some questions about their CLU product. Will be interesting to see what they say if they ever get back to me.

Back
Top Bottom