Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth - Alpha Centauri sequel announced!

Caporegime
Haven't had the will power to play this much since the patch.

Started one game and the Russian/Slovak faction declared war on me on about turn 5 - I kid you not.

THe patch came a bit too late -Fixes or not. Maybe ill play a bit when some FREE DLC comes out. It better be free :p

Soldato
Haven't had the will power to play this much since the patch.

Started one game and the Russian/Slovak faction declared war on me on about turn 5 - I kid you not.

THe patch came a bit too late -Fixes or not. Maybe ill play a bit when some FREE DLC comes out. It better be free :p

Wonder if Beyond Earth sold well enough for potential DLC expansions, like Civ 5 got.

There's an advantage to not pre-ordering or buying at release.

Caporegime
Wonder if Beyond Earth sold well enough for potential DLC expansions, like Civ 5 got.

There's an advantage to not pre-ordering or buying at release.

A good 7 month old question you asked there Bane :p

1st Expansion announced for Beyond Earth.

Looks like it heavily focuses on the "sea side" of the game.
Submarines.
More Sea resources
Sea Settlers > Floating cities
New faction(s)

Lets hope, or not, cos i think most people are done and way over the reskinned, soul less, sci-fi CIV5, that it fixes the AI and charisma of the game.

I've just reinstalled it for another go...

Certainly wont be buying this until some comprehensive reviews are released.
No more pre orders :p

Seriously it better make it on par with BNW or even G&K, Maybe they can recapture some of the darkness of Alpha Centuri somehow ?
How hard can it be?? Apparently very...

Last edited:
Associate
The original Alpha Centuri had a real sense of story with the planet/alien side of the game. This seems really cut down in Beyond Earth.

Hope the DLC can add to this side of the game.

Soldato
Anyone know how to do the Strength and Decay quest? I need to take a biopsy of a large alien and I have no idea how. The explorer unit doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: Found the solution. The large alien isn't the part to investigate. I had to find lots of small aliens across the map.

The expansion pack certainly has changed the game dynamic a lot. The other civilisations fall out with you a lot easier and they gang up on you as well. It is very politics driven. I've also found predators very powerful especially with heal every turn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom