AMD systems

Associate
How are the 8 core AMD processors? Worth a shot?

Cheers
I had an 8350 a few months ago and for gaming I wouldn't recommend them at all. I switched to an i5 4690k and for gaming it's in a different league. However, once I started multitasking I noticed it was quite a bit slower than my 8350.
So....If your using your pc as a gaming machine as well as a lot of multitasking etc, I would suggest an i7, if your not interested in gaming then I'd say the 8350 is a bargain.

Last edited:
Associate
Im am going to disagree

the 8350 is a fine CPU for the money & unless you are going to be High End gaming the 4690k isn't worth it with DX12 coming soon for future titles

Get a Better GPU than invest all your cash in a CPU now

Soldato
As (sort of) said above, they are good for the money but a lot of people look over them for the same reason.

The i5 (4690k) is a better all round CPU for a little more money. The only advantage the 8320 has it it's a little better at video editng/rendering. But in games and other GPU-heavy programs, the 8320 lags behind somewhat.

If thats the sort-of budget you're looking at your choice is between the 8320 and the i5 (4690k).

My personal preference is for intel but i never disreagrd the 8***'s they are a very goodbudget friednly option. Often £100+ cheaper (system-wise) than the intel equivilant.

Associate
Im am going to disagree

the 8350 is a fine CPU for the money & unless you are going to be High End gaming the 4690k isn't worth it with DX12 coming soon for future titles

Get a Better GPU than invest all your cash in a CPU now

Kind of what I said above, if your focus is gaming then I wouldn't recommend it (maybe I shouldn't have said I wouldn't recommend at all)
We have no idea what DX12 will bring to the table either because all we've seen so far is marketing speak. Intel do cost a bit more but well worth it from what I've experienced. I'd been an AMD fan for as long as I can remember but after switching to Intel and nvidia, ive realised it was a VERY good move.

Back
Top Bottom