• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Permabanned

Looking at the Kit Guru review where they took the card apart 2 of the heat pipes do not make contact with the Fury chip, Really?

Wasn't this the same exact problem that made DCUII sub par with Hawaii. Nuts, That's bloomin annoying, I really like the look of the Strix and it would have been nice to match it up with my ROG M/b but no, After reading about all the problems with DCUII and my own problems with heat from the MSI Hawaii card why would they create the same situation again?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just bought far cry 4. Running butter smooth 1440p ultra all settings at full. Graphics are great must say.

That's good, I haven't played it since release but at the time my 290x gave lower than 30 fps averages with most (not all) settings maxed at 1080p which was tragic so I'm hoping to get a much better experience when I get a Fury or Fx, Hopefully they've sorted it a bit via drivers now I'll have to try it some time.

Soldato
That's good, I haven't played it since release but at the time my 290x gave lower than 30 fps averages with most (not all) settings maxed at 1080p which was tragic so I'm hoping to get a much better experience when I get a Fury or Fx, Hopefully they've sorted it a bit via drivers now I'll have to try it some time.

Wow I didn't realise it was such a pig. Loving the card so far. Im getting 55-70fps most of the time with the odd drop to 45, but never seen it any lower. Thats with everything at ultra and HBAO+ on/ SMAA on, and volumetric fog. The only reason im not using enhanced god ray is because it will dip ever so slightly further down and with this game you can feel when its below 45. So iv'e found the sweet spot for me, testing bit is over :).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looking at the Kit Guru review where they took the card apart 2 of the heat pipes do not make contact with the Fury chip, Really?

Wasn't this the same exact problem that made DCUII sub par with Hawaii. Nuts, That's bloomin annoying, I really like the look of the Strix and it would have been nice to match it up with my ROG M/b but no, After reading about all the problems with DCUII and my own problems with heat from the MSI Hawaii card why would they create the same situation again?

Same with the 980 ti strix, the gpu doesn't touch the 2 outer pipes. It's essentially the same heatsink setup as dcu2 but with an added fan. Funny thing is i seen some people say that they thought this was designed for the fury because of the larger die package and that's why on the strix 980 ti the gpu didn't touch the 2 outer pipes. When in reality they've just recycled the same design with the same issue, took away the 2 large fans and put 3 smaller ones in their place. I suppose they still could aid in the cooling with heat from the other pips being in such close proximity to them, but really some kind of integrated plate that contacted the gpu and all the pipes would have been a better option.

Last edited:
Soldato

Fiend! :D

I was going the Fury X route and put the Triton that way round in anticipation, not knowing the X's Dimensions, so that the X's WC pipes could go along the bottom and replace the fan on the left. But the fury X didnt live up to expectations and I swapped it for the Pro.

*mutters "warm water will rise to the top" and sulks* :p

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine today. A nice improvement in performance over my 280X, while using the same power.
fury.jpg
inside_white.jpg
And a gratuitous third shot in fiery AMD red.
inside_red.jpg

Associate
Been playing with it this week a bit, not had a lot of time being on late shift, and having to strip PC to add new EVGA EVO 850G PSU ;)

I use a 2560x1080 monitor and performance is butter smooth in all games so far, Dragon Age Inquisition seen the best performance boost, everything on Ultra benched @58.45fps average, in-game locked to 60 usually

Very pleased and it's incredibly quiet.

Caporegime
Been playing with it this week a bit, not had a lot of time being on late shift, and having to strip PC to add new EVGA EVO 850G PSU ;)

I use a 2560x1080 monitor and performance is butter smooth in all games so far, Dragon Age Inquisition seen the best performance boost, everything on Ultra benched @58.45fps average, in-game locked to 60 usually

Very pleased and it's incredibly quiet.

I'm also playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and I can confirm everything djtoltec said. Fantastic performance without noise.

Delighted to hear that, Gentlemen. :cool:

Associate
It's great to see our top tier cards running cool and quiet. :)
I gave my Fury a bit of a test in UT2004, which is still one of my favourite games. With VSync on to keep it at 60fps, the fan didn't even turn on. It's a bit of any easy test (GPU-Z reported an average of 1% GPU load), but it's still pretty cool to be able to run a high-end GPU fanless while gaming at all.

Back
Top Bottom